Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export and Import Global Class

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to export and import a global class (SE24) ?

I can't seem to find this option anywhere in the menu or documentation.

I'm working in a sandbox outside of the transport path and would VERY much like to export and import my class into the development system.

4 REPLIES 4

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible using the open source project SAPlink. You can do more than just classes, also DDIC objects, function groups, programs(w/ and w/o screens), BSPs, WD4A, etc, etc. Just install SAPlink and you are ready to go.

http://code.google.com/p/saplink/

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SYSTEM --> LIST --> SAVE --> Local file

Regards

Sudheer

0 Kudos

Hi,

I exactly want to do the same: export a global class so that i can get all the coding in one document.

Buit unfortunately, I do not succeed in using the List > Save option as it is greyed out...

So what's wrong here or is there any other option I can take apart from SAPlinnk?

Regards,

bivision

0 Kudos

If you're in a recent release (won't work in 4.6) and all you want is to save the source code to a text file (without later import), put a breakpoint at the ENDMETHOD in the constructor of the class CL_OO_SOURCE and create an instance from the test option in SE24. In the SOURCE itab attribute you'll have all the code and you'll be able to save it locally from debugger.

Of course, you can also create a program in five minutes to use the class and do the download for you.

Regards