cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling unit contains an item that canu00B4t be assigned to outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears SAPers, we are having the following problem.

We create a handling unit in transaction HU02, where we pack the material and the batch in a plant and a storage location.

Later, when we create the outbound delivery, we want to assign the HU created before to that delivery (because in reality those material already have been packed) but the system displays the following message <b>"Handling unit xxxxxxxxxx contains an item that cannot be assigned"</b>.

Please, does anyone know what is happening?

Thanks in advance,

I will reward if helpful

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Have you solved your problem yet?

If the message "Handling unit xxxxx contains an item that cannot be assigned" occurs,

First: you should check, that the picking storage location of the delivery is the same than the one, where the batches and Handling Units are located.

Second: check the amounts. Are you sure you have the right ones and you are not trying to pick kilograms "KG" when you should pick tons "TO"?

I had this message also several times and mostly it was due to the mistakes, described above.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this issue. I am facing the same problem. Please help if possible.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done what you said but nothing happened.

I don´t know where the problem is.

Thanks in advance!

I will reward if it helpful.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Emilio

Check in IMG, Logistics-General --> Handling Unit Management --> Basics --> Material Management whether you have assigned "Inventory Management" and "Delivery".

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Can you check item is picked

2) Can you check item category has packing requirement in SPRO.