cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and BizTalk over SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I am sending an XML file to a partner who is using BizTalk on their end. I am to send the file using SOAP. I assumed all I had to do was create the scenario in XI using the SOAP Adapter, however, BizTalk is expecting the SOAP envelope to be in a specific format.

In the document, Reliable Messaging between SAP XI 3.0 and Microsoft BizTalk Server 2004 Using SOAP-Compliant Communication, it says the SOAP Envelope must be translated to a BizTalk specific format. In the example in the document, I am told to create a Java adapter module that is plugged in to the SOAP Reciever adapter. I know what that means, however I don't know what this module needs to look like.

I'm assuming this scenario has been done many times before. Does anyone either have this module, or know where I can get it, or know what it should look like? I'm not trying to be lazy, just don't want to reinvent the wheel. Also...I have looked in many places, but can't find this module anywhere.

Thanks,

Larry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you are integrating two middlewares,why not use JMS for this purpose?

it has been built mainly for integrating middlewares

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually am not familiar with JMS. Our partner has requested that we use SOAP to transfer the file, therefore I am using the SOAP Adapter. Can JMS perform a SOAP call? It still doesn't solve my problem with the SOAP Envelopes matching, however.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Larry,

Let me see if I understood this - You need to use the SOAP adapter to integrate with BizLink. Bizlink Provides its own SOAP Header and hence you are not sure how to do this.

Got a few questions,

1. Has Bizlink given you a XSD / WSDL. Does this have the entire SOAP Payload including the SOAP Header and SOAP body? If yes, create the mapping as needed and instead of the SOAP adapter use the HTTP adapter or use the SOAP adapter and in the SOAP adapter select option Do Not Use SOAP Envelope.

2. If you do not have a XSD that contains the entire SOAP Enevelope - SOAP header and body then use XSL or Java Mapping that creates this output structure and use the SOAP adapter with the DoNotuseSOAP Envelope option or the HTTP adapter.

The SOAP adapter in the DONotUseSOAP Emvelope mode basically becomes a http adapter.

Regards

Bhavesh