cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restrict Session from RZ10

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI everybody,

The default Sessions for a user is 6. right? i want to restrict this to 2 or 1.How to restrict? i tried that with Rz10. i dont know which Profile and version should be selected

cananyone tell me?

Thx

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

set this parameter value to 2.

rdisp/max_alt_modes

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prince,

To Change the parameter value, where can i find "rdisp/max_alt_modes". I searched this parameter name in Default Profile.but i didnt find this name anywhere in the list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you cant see this in default profile create the parameter and give value as 2

Thanks

Prince Jose

Message was edited by:

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Default profile will only show profile parameters that have been changed. Since the parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes has still got the default value you need to add it.

Please follow the following link to check how to add a profile parameter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c4/3a6247505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

As u say, i can create a parameter in that name and i can assign the value. My question is, there should have already been a Parameter in Default Profile. Because, i checked(manually)the Maximum Session for a User, it is 6 only. So By default,already a parameter stored in that name/some other name and that is running. Why im unable to see? or if u want me to create for sure, i will cerate it.

Thx

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

As Ruchit said default profile will show you the parameter that have been changed after you install the system . In your case parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes has the default value 6 so it wont be showing in default profile. So you have to create it and put the new valie i.e 2 and you are all set to go

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Created a parameter in Default Profile by the name "rdisp/max_alt_modes" and i gave parameter value 2. while saving, it says "Changes to rdisp/max_alt_modes can result in problems" Do you still want to copy the parameter? yes/no/cancel. what should i do now ? why it is saying like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

This is a security measure. You can ignore this warning and choose YES Frankly it is not advisable to change these parameter values as restricts the scope of activity a user can perform. Also after the change reboot SAP.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I agree with Ruchit . Do you have any specific reason for changing this value ?

Ruchit ,

I can see this as a Dynamically Switchable parameter ! So I dont think it requires a reboot

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

You are right and I am also slightly right. Actually I was checking a system on lower release (4.6C). there it is not dynamically switchable . However then I checked another server on (640) and there it is dynamically switchable. For higher releases it is dynamically switchable.

So Siva, check in Rz11 whether this parameter is dynamically switchable or not. Depending on that reboot may not be needed.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Ruchit. I was checking a 640 system

Thanks

Prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally this can be used to reduce many sessions used by the users. But now, Frankly im learning basis concepts. i want to see whether the sessions has been restricted to the user or not. im doing it in IDES. So that in future i can able to restrict people using more sessions at a time. thats why.

One more thing, after changing this Value, can i change the value as 6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Yes you can change the value back to 6.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually users will need more than 2 sessions to perform their job . Even as administrator we need more than 2 sessions many a times . I would say the better thing would be setting a value for parameter rdisp/gui_auto_logout , so the inactive users will be logged off after that time. Default value is 0 so the users wount be logged off.

You can change the value to 6 later without any problem

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit & Prince,

Now im satisfied with all your Valuable Answers. But still i have one Question. As Ruchit Says, i tried to check the parameter is Dynamically Switchable or not.in RZ11.When i type the parameter name "rdisp/max_alt_modes" in RZ11 it clearly shows the details Default val 6 and there is an Option to change this value also available. Why can't i change the value here as 2 (in RZ11) instead of Creating and changing a new parameter in RZ10. am i correct? If im wrong plz guide me.

Thx

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit & Prince,

Now im satisfied with all your Valuable Answers. But still i have one Question. As Ruchit Says, i tried to check the parameter is Dynamically Switchable or not.in RZ11.When i type the parameter name "rdisp/max_alt_modes" in RZ11 it clearly shows the details Default val 6 and there is an Option to change this value also available. Why can't i change the value here as 2 (in RZ11) instead of Creating and changing a new parameter in RZ10. am i correct? If im wrong plz guide me.

Thx

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Dynamically switchable parameters can be changed tho RZ11. Those parameters which are not dynamically switchable has to be changed tho R10. In case you are able to see the "change value" button, you can definitely change it thro RZ11.

Cheers!

Bidwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Yes you are correct. You can change it in RZ11 as it is dynamically switichable.

Please close the thread if the issue is solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. i will do that. Thank you for your kind response and Patience.

Points awarded

Thanks & Regards

Siva

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

Please add profile parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes to default profile latest version that you are using. Specify its value as 2 there.

regards.

Ruchit.