cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a Purchase Order with one item material and one batch with the full amount (100 pc's). The receiving storage location is WM and has HU management active. I'm receiving the stock using MIGO transaction against the PO. I'm distributing the total quantity of the same batch so I can have different SU's for it (25 pc's each). This generates different line items (4 for this case) on MIGO tx. Is it possible to automatically pack this material base on each item quantity (25 pc's) and without using the packing instruction qty set, which is set to 50 pc's?

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bebin,

Have you maintained the Palletization data in WM View2 in the material master...? If not please maintain and check.

Hope it is helpful.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks for your reply Aktar.

Yes, I had but it seems that this qty is irrelevant at the moment of the HU's creation. This is my scenario:

PO with Mat A, Batch X, Qty 150 PC's

WM View2 for Mat A is 140 PC's per SUT

Pack. Instr. for material A is 140 PC's

In MIGO I split the item into 2: Mat A Batch X Qty 100 PC's and Mat A Batch X Qty 50 PC's but instead getting 2 HU's for 100 and 50 Pc's each, I'm getting HU1 with 140 PC's and HU2 with 10 PC's, even though the Inbound delivery created contains 2 items of 100 and 50 PC's each.

Thanks,

Eduardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

The system is breaking up the quantity correctly based on the palletization data, if there is no palletization data, it will check the line item data in MIGO.

And one more thing is, if you want to differentiate the packaging material also, i think we can do by separating the packaging material.

You should try for this.

Aktar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aktar,

I have deleted the palletization data set in WM View 2, but I still got the same result (packing base on the packing instruction).

About the packaging material, I have noticed that if I put 2 different SUT's (IE. J and K) for each item generated in MIGO tx with the qty distribution, I'm not getting these SUT's for the SU's created for the Inbound Delivery. System just uses the first one set (J) for both SU's created.

Thanks,

Eduardo.