cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Attributes of Service Desk in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are using the Service Desk functionality of Solution Manager to create issues out of the satellite systems directly in SolMan.

When opening a SolMan msg, navigating to 'Transaction Data > SAP Attributes', you have a field called 'System Type'.

I'm trying to find out how this field is filled out. I suppose this is done by the satellite system at the moment the msg is send to SolMan.

Already did some investigation:

- in the satellite systems:

• t-code: USMM - System Type

• t-code: SCC4 - Client Role

- in SolMan:

• t-code: IB52 - no system type attribute found in the IBase

We have one system where none of the system type is set to 'Production', but when raising an issue in SolMan system type 'Production' is choosen.

Anybody an idea where this info comes from?

Thanks a lot!

Roel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

check the configuration in Solution Manager in SMSY. If you have the factory symbol beside the SAP SID, then it might be related to this.

Or, check the installation number in SAP Service Marketplace how it was maintained there since in the transaction data area the System Type comes after the installation number itself.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

In SMSY the 'Production' checkbox is not enabled for this system.

And in system data in the marketplace the role is set to 'Test'.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Roel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roel,

quick answer since I have been trying to find some answers about Service Desk myself.

Anyway, I would double check again the satellite system and make sure that the client you have logged on is the same like in the service desk message. Usually, the IBase number the last 3 digits will tell you, which client it was created in. There might be one client configured in SCC4 as productive client even though it is not a production server. I have that kind of situation with one customer environment. Once the sap router is up and running for this customer system, then I will see, if this actually does happen.

Otherwise, I would not have any ideas either.

Your welcome,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for your help.

Double checked the satellite system, but none of the clients is defined as 'Production'. It's still unclear for me how this field in the 'SAP Attributes' is filled.

I'll do some more research and definitely update this thread if I find something useful.

Roel