Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS--- C Drive frontentd document storage Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

This doubt is pertaining to DMS ,

We all know that once the originals are Saved in secured storage area inside DIR and while accessing the originals for DISPLAY /EDIT OR CHANGE mode in the front end system the copy of originals are stored automatically,

For example: i have set my Data carrier path as C:\temp\ and when ever i process a copy will get save in frontend system.

i knew its a standard practise but i was shocked seeing my C drive its completely packed with more GB of Originals.

My request to all is

1) Will not be after an year my c drive is complely jam, my system performance will get slow due to that.

2) is there any work around so that C drive dost affect and i can still store my documehts on other disk(is this advisable)?

3) Also if the design dept when they use just imagine we have transformer pro\e(igs data) which is huge in size .just 5 files occupies huge space.

This issue strucks the whole implementation of DMS...

Help me out in this regard by suggesting a suitable method to solve this issue.

Regards,

Murali.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see the SAP note 741388 which explains how to set the OLE2 flag and avoid that the local created copy for displaying remains on your PC. Without the OLE flag the system always creates a copy under C:\temp (maintained in DC20). But with the OLE2 flag this copy will be removed after you close the display again.

To avoid completely the copy of an temporary file to your PC you can use a BADI implementation.

There exists the BAdI method DOCUMENT_FILES01~AFTER_START_APPL .

You can implement the following coding, which deletes the file even when the user is viewing the file. I hope this solution is useful for you.

method IF_EX_DOCUMENT_FILES01~AFTER_START_APPL .

DATA :

l_str_file TYPE string,

l_i_retval TYPE i.

l_str_file = TARGET_FILE-FILENAME.

CALL METHOD cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_delete

EXPORTING

filename = l_str_file

CHANGING

rc = l_i_retval

EXCEPTIONS

file_delete_failed = 1

cntl_error = 2

error_no_gui = 3

file_not_found = 4

access_denied = 5

unknown_error = 6

not_supported_by_gui = 7

wrong_parameter = 8.

endmethod.

Best regards,

Christoph

Please reward points if this is useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support.

The Notes will work fine. Will let you knwo once i finish the process you highlighted .

Great help.

Regards,

Murali.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I opted for the first option which is as per the sap note. OLE2 pressed X for all the EAI applications.

I made the changes in my develoment server.

Unfortunatly, I didnt found any transport request generated for that.

Now we are in quality phase,

I also tried to do the changes directly in quality server but i am unable to change the values,since it opens only in display mode.

Could you tell me how to make or bring the status till Quality server.

Regards,

Murali.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cristy,

Any update on this!!!

Any one can help me out on the above issue discussed

Regards,

Murali.S

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

as I know you have to set this OLE2 flag on all systems manually as this settings could not be transported.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok cristy i will update and tell you.

Regards,

Murali.S