Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided Procedure: Required Help Urgent

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Xperts,

I have a requirement where a I need to setup an approval process using WebDynpro forms.

The scenario is roughly as below

User1 initiates process, fills in some data in WebDynpro form and sends it to User2 for approval.

User2 takes action on seeing the data filled in by User1 and also adds data into new fields which are visible to him.

How do I show data entered by User1 to User2? Please guide me on this.

Ashutosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

If you need you form to be both input and output, you may want to design it in the wizard of the Web Dynpro Form callable object. It is simple to test it: Just add couple of input fields and a submit button to the form of the first callable object.

Then create the second form with the same input fields (for example as read-only) and add some additional fields as Comment, for example, and two buttons for approve and reject.

When you create you process, make sure you have consolidated parameters on the block level. You need to map those couple of fields from the first form to their corresponding ones in the second form. Thus the approver will be able to see the input of the first action and enter comment and approve/reject.

For more info see:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/34d4e489f01bcce10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm">Creating Web Dynpro Form Callable Objects</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/de/598041a17e060de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Consolidating Parameters</a>

I hope this helps!

Regards, Petja

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

<i>When you create you process, make sure you have consolidated parameters on the block level. You need to map those couple of fields from the first form to their corresponding ones in the second form.</i>

Can you please guide me how to do that?

I find no option of mapping in Consolidated Parameter list.

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

have you created the process already, including the callable objects in two actions and into a block? If so, open the process in the design time, select the block from the hierarchy. Then, switch to edit mode. On the Parameters tab page below, you should be able to see all parameters defined for the 2 callable objects. You can use the Propose Consolidation option, but you can also perform the consolidation(mapping, grouping - all are synonyms) manually.

For more information, you can look at the link I sent you previously. If you have questions, please tell me exactly which part is not clear, so that I can give you examples.

Regards, Petja

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Got you

Ashutosh

Answers (0)