cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have a big problem. I have a smartform, that is run by the system in background. There is a structure sent as input to this smartform that, I think is not working correctly.

Is there any way to set a break-point inside the smartform to see what is going wrong if it is running in background? I know how to set the break-point but It is not working while running in background job.

Thank you for the help,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

good

In the Smartform, create a Code Node and within the Code Node you can hardcode a normal abap Break Point.

reward point if helpful.

thanks

mrutyun^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei...

I think if you something on background, you will not be able to debug....try doing the test on foreground mode and debugg the issue...

Bye

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The thing is that structure is filled by the system, and there is some data missing. I need to see what data is sent by the system, so i cannot test the function myself.

I tried setting a break-point but, because the job is in background, it is not working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again....

Break points wont work on background....so on your smartform try to send to a file on the server the info on your structure....

Or try to save on Z transparent table the status of that structure....

Bye

Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to smartform function module..

there you can put breakpoint...

otherwise place command line in the smartform.. there give break-point.