Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot load repository "Repository" because "port" is already used

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Gurus,

I have a interesting problem...

I have changed the port of a repository say from "2345" to "2000".

When I try to load the repository I am getting the following error message...

"Cannot load repository "Repository" because port 2000 is already used by another loaded repository."

I have checked the ports of all repositories (loaded and unloaded repositories aswell) and I see no repository uses port number "2000".

What will be the problem? How can i change the port for the repository?

Regards,

Arun prabhu S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Please see if there is any port betweem range 1995 to 2005. You have to leave 5 values between two ports.

Hope it will help,

- An

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cleopatra,

I can see the following list of active connection in my system after executing netstat -an cmd.

Active connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State

TCP 0.0.0.0:2000 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

TCP 127.0.0.1:1117 127.0.0.1:2000 ESTABLISHED

TCP 127.0.0.1:2000 127.0.0.1:1117 ESTABLISHED

Thanks and regards

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

It looks like something else is already using port 2000 (that's what 127.0.0.1:2000 means in your posted netstat results).

You can try to figure out what the application is by running netstat -b and sifting through those results, but chances are it's not something you can change, so my recommendation would be to use a different port number for your repository.

Best Regards,

Cleopatra

former_member206107
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi An,

Thanks for your response!

Yes, I have a repository which is unloaded with port 2005 and there is no ports below value 2005. (ie., No ports b/w 1995 and 2005)

So i deceided to assign a repository with the port number 2000.

I am aware of the rule that we have to assign port value with minimum of difference 5.

Also I am sure I have not assigned/created any repository with port value 2000.

Regards,

Arun prabhu S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

It is possible that another application is using port 2000. To diagnose this, please stop MDS, open a command prompt window and type:

netstat -an

You can pipe the results to a file to grep or search for :2000, or you can also just eyeball it. Let us know if you find that another application is using the port!

Thanks,

Cleopatra