Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the R/3 side on Dev box we have two clients 100 and 101

on Q box we have two clients 200 and 201

Now the Scenario we have is File to IDOC. We are using XI as the middleware

Now in the XI dev box, I have configured the scenario in such a way to deliver the file content to the clients 100 and 101. Its working fine and all the testings are OK in Dev Box.

Now my scenario from Dev needs to be moved to QA Box. But since the R/3 clients are different compared to Dev, I am little confused.

Any suggestion or any input.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jenni,

Don't worry!

What you need to do is:

1. First of all export your objects from Dev and it will be saved as .tpz file. Now go to QA system and imort this .tpz file. By doing this your Integration Repository part is done. I mean your data type, message type, message mapping & interface mapping complete.

2. Now here in Integration Directory you need to create new configuration scenario, new communication channel etc. in short you have to do full configuration.

So here in ID when you are doing new configuration of everthing then there is no question of different clients. Both (client 200 & 201) will work fine as they were working in your Dev system.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have understood every one of you, you are saying the following points

1) In SLD (QA) create two business systems for the new 2 R/3 Systems client 200 and client 201

2) Just Transport the IR objects. No changes required

3) In Integration Directory, the corresponding Business Systems should be the new business systems, that are pointing to client 200 and 201. The necessary IDOC ports needs to be altered.

Please clarify

Former Member
0 Kudos

And also check the Adapter sepcific attributes in the Business System within the ID.

Hopefully this will not need to be changed, but you need to check, just in case!

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes exactly....

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes exactly....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continuing the above question, currently if I have two clients in ID 200 and 201. Tomorrow if the R/3 team wants to add another 2 clients for testing purpose 202 and 203, then I need to go ahead and manually change My SLD objects and ID.

Atleast in SLD yes we have to add the new business systems for the client 202 and 203.

When it comes to ID, if there is any dynamic way of determining the clients at runtime and act accordingly?I am trying to understand whether Advanced receiver determination could be used for this case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jenni,

<i><b>Continuing the above question, currently if I have two clients in ID 200 and 201. Tomorrow if the R/3 team wants to add another 2 clients for testing purpose 202 and 203, then I need to go ahead and manually change My SLD objects and ID.</b></i>

After adding the new business systems in SLD, You have to import the SLD objects in ID, then you have to manually chnage the Business Systems for client 202 and 203 in your configuration scenarios.

Regards,

Sarveh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Atleast in SLD yes we have to add the new business systems for the client 202 and 203.</i>

Correct.

<i>When it comes to ID, if there is any dynamic way of determining the clients at runtime and act accordingly?</i>

The client itself is a separate technical system in SLD. So there couldnt b a way to directly determine it at runtime. Instead all ur configurations r based on the Business System of the new client.

<i>I am trying to understand whether Advanced receiver determination could be used for this case? </i>

It wont help here

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you dnt have to anything on the IR part....on the ID side for QA ( idx1 on XI) and create the required Partner profile in the client 200 or 201 in QA ......now assuming you have sindle SLD for both and trasport targets ar maintained....you export the ID part from the Dev to Quality and jsut chage the IDOC adapter aparameters ( Port name and RFC dest pointing to the QA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Continution of my previous post, you can check this in SLD, Choose u r BS from the list of BS.Go to integration tab check assigned value for Group field.This is the group created for your Business system.Go to Transport tab there you can check out this which is the BS pointing to Transport target system.

If u dont have the authorizations to view SLD consult u r BASIS , they will do this for u.

Cheers

Veera

>>> Reward Points,if it is needful

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to check the logical destinations and the Adapter sepcific attributes in the Business System within the integration directory

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Now my scenario from Dev needs to be moved to QA Box.</i>

The XI scenario would be changing basically at the ID part where new WebAS ABAP Business systems needs to be transferred from SLD.

The scenario would also differ when there would be more than one SLD in landscape.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenni,

Refer the below thread for transportating the XI objects from Dev to Q.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi

And In SLD need to create Business system groups, In this Business systems are pointing to the business system of Quality and the same to Production.For example in u r case DEV box clients are 100 & 101, In business system groups need to maintian the pointing of BS in next environment.

Hope it will gives the idea

Cheers

Veera

>>>Reward Points,if it is needful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be required to change the clients in SLD.

Regards

ramesh P