cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Link below Detailed Level Navigation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai All,

I want to put a link to word documents below the detailed level navigation, based on some condition.

Please let me know how to do that.

Thanks & Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I have two roles HRUSER role and ESSUSER role. This document has to be seen only by person who is having HRUSER role.

Creating a KM document IView and putting in Portal Favourites and setting permission will work if a user has either HRUSER role or ESS user role only.

In my project a person can have both HRUSER role and ESSUER role.

If a person has both HRUSER role and ESSUSER role then this document IVIEW should only be shown below detailed navigation when the user click on HRUSER role link in Top Level Navigation.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why not try dynamic navigation iView for this purpose? In ur case, HRUSER role alone needs to display this iView below DLN. So the solution is simple. Say iView that u need in DLN is called "A". Choose the iView (B) that will be displayed in the content area for ur HRUSER role. Right click the iView(B) and Open Object. It will list the properties. Now from dropdown, instead of 'object', choose 'Dynamic navigation'. Right click iView A and choose add to iView. So iView A wil be added as Dyn Nav iView to iView B. So whenever iView B is loading, iView A will be automatically loaded on the left below DLN. Check out.

Regards,

Harini S

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Harini,

Thanks for the solution. It works fine, i added my document IView to related Links instead of Dynamic Navigation.

What I did was,

My HRUSER role was created by importing role from SAP R/3.

1. Added a URL iview to this role and set the "Invisible In Navigation Area" = Yes and "Default Entry for Folder" = Yes. This URL i have added since I want to always show the content of the URL iview, without showing the URL Iview name in detailed Navigation.

2.To this URL IView, I added my document iview( another URL ivew) under Related Links.

3. In default Framework page i changed the "Related Links Iview" name to "HR User Guide".

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hayath Basha,

I guess a solution is to have it in Favorites. This way, you achieve one goal of placing the iView in the right place. next, you need only few set of users to see this. Assign permissions at the iView level and see if it works. I guess it should.

Cheers,

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

In our current EP 5.0 system The content of role ZHRUSER is shown in IPanel, in the area only currently USER GUIDE document link is given. My user wants the same functionality in EP 6.0. They don't want to have that in any other places.

That's why I thought of using the area below detailed level navigation to put this link. But the condition is this link(document iview) should be shown when the user click ZHRUSER roles in the top level navigation.

I thought whether its possible to put this linke in "Related Links" area. But don't know how to control the display of the link in that area based on the option selected in Top Level Navigation

Please let me know how to do it.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a KM Navigation iView to show it as the link. Also set the permissions for the document as well as for the created iView. At last add this iView to the desired location in Framework Page.

If more clarifications are required please revert.

Thanks,

Anish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i add this to portal favourites then the document IVIEW will be shown to all user. Which i don't want.

By the way how to add to portal favourites.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the link will be shown probably, but you can assign the permission to this iView. I havent tested this one, but should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The document Iview which i told is going to show "HR User Guide", so i want to show this with the caption "User guide". If i am going to add this document IView to HRUSER role, then this IVIEW will be shown either in Second Level Naviation or in Detailed Level Navigtion. I don't want to show thid document IVEIW in second level or within detailed level navigation. Further this HRUSER is created based on the role imported from SAP role.

Please let me know how to add this document IVIEW below the detailed navigation.

Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can add this iview to portal favourites, it will be shown in Detail navigation.

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Thanks for your information. If i create a KM document IVIEW and put within desktop inner page. Then everybody who is login into the system can see that document. This document should be seen only by certain group of peoples.

Let me explain my requirement in details, in our company we have two group of user ESSUSER and HRUSER. For these two group of user, we have created two roles ZESS_ROLE and ZHR_ROLE. So a person can be ESSUSER or he can be ESSUSER & HRUSER. The document which i want to put under detailed navigation has to seen only by HRUSER only.

When a person has both ESSUSER & HRUSER role, he will see two option in top level navigation. When that person click ESS user option, the KM document IView should be shown below the detailed navigation. When the person clicK HRUSER option, the KM document IVIEW should be shown to him.

Please let me know how to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,

H.K.Hayath Basha.

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must be having siome roles specific to ESSUSERS & HRUSER ID right?? instead of adding it to inner page , add these iviews to ROLE from which only these two users have access, this will prevent this iview in dispaying to all users,

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

IF you are trying to give a link to some help document, you can use the help button at the top. Simply change the url of that help link to point to your word document from the framework page.

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you maintaining Word Docs under KM on your portal? if yes then create an KM document iview, give path for your Word document in KM folder, then go to Default framework and add it to desktop inner page.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Ameya