cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating the Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Can any one help me to know the sequence of steps involved in Creating the proxies. I want to send the data from file system to SAP R/3 system. To send the data to R/3 system i can use IDOC adapter, but i want to use proxies.

Please help me to find sequence of steps involved in creating the proxies.

Thanks

Subash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subash,

First you need create some configuration to provide connection between ECC and PI.

Follow the below link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1678644

You can ask your basis team to do this settings.

After doing the configuration you need to follow the below steps.

1. Created Inbound Interface (Async / Sync) and activate it in PI

2. Generate the proxy for that inbound interface in ECC using the t.code sproxy.

3. Once you generate proxy it will create the proxy structure and it will create one Async or Sync method.

4. Using that method you need to write program to upload the data in to table coming from PI.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->1. Do we need to fellow the same procedure for Inbound and outbound interfaces.

Yeah same procedure but for server proxy ( inbound interface is used ) and for client proxy ( outbound interface is used ).

2.While sending the data from XI to SAP R/3 using proxies. How can R/3 know the data is receiver. De we need write any program for inbound and outbound interfaces. Please Clarify??

It's the job of XI to successfully handover the data to SAP, and more over XI adapter is used for server proxy which makes connection .

-->Do we need write any program for inbound and outbound interfaces. Please Clarify??

Off course there should be a program/RFC in SAP which will use the proxy generated for further posting the data into database..

Feel free to clarify your doubts...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha,

Follow the below steps to generate the proxy.

1. Create the Inbound message interface in XI for which the proxy has to be created.

2.Goto transaction SPROXY

3.Search for the message interface to be generated

4.Right-click on the MI and choose ‘CREATE’

5.Give the appropriate package and prefix. e.g. package - /, prefix - /

6.Make sure to rename the structures and classes to the standards

7.Generate the proxy, save and activate

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Vinayak Kamath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinayak Kamath ,

1. Do we need to fellow the same procedure for Inbound and outbound interfaces.

2.While sending the data from XI to SAP R/3 using proxies. How can R/3 know the data is receiver. De we need write any program for inbound and outbound interfaces. Please Clarify??

Thanks

subash.

0 Kudos

hi subash,

first question is well answered by Santosh.

>>While sending the data from XI to SAP R/3 using proxies. How can R/3 know the data is receiver. De we need write any program for inbound and outbound interfaces. Please Clarify??

<b>Ans.</b> if data is successfully received then it shows checkered flag in SXMB_MONI of R/3.yes,we have to write programs for proxy interfaces.For inbound proxy we write ABAP code in Execute Asynchronous Method(which is called whenever data is received through respective interface) of Proxy Class ZCLMIIA.....for populating data into corresponding fields of table.while for outbound interface since we have to send data outside R/3 towards XI so we write seperate report (SE 38)which calls the function Execute Asynchronous of Proxy class ZCLMIOA....for passing data to XI through XI adapter.

Regards,

Amit.

Message was edited by:

amit valecha