cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NSP Disappeared from SAP MMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have successfully installed the ABAP sneak preview. It was running fine. I even setup the developer key. Everything was working fine. Now i tried to run a BSP application as suggested from the below weblog.

/people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/08/21/running-your-first-bsp-application-in-sap-netweaver-04-abap-edition--nsp

After setting the profile parameters, its asked to stop the NSP server and restart the machine. I did so and thats it, when i logged back in and opened the SAP Management Console to start the ABAP sneak preview NSP server, i didnt find it. All i can see is SAP Systems and the whole tree below it is disappreared.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sasi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

I had a similar issue, I solved it in the following way:

in SAP MMC there was only an icon SAP Systems with nothing below or in it. >> Right click on properties and SAP System properties is opened. On the second tab called FIXED i put in system NSP and instance <hostname><SPACE><Instance number> in my case PC72377 00

and then ADD and my problem was solved.

Regards, Jacco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacco

Thats cool, let me check it out and get back to you. But the thing is i cannot check it since i reinstalled the whole thing. Well anyways lemme get back to u on this.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also had the almost the same issue,my MMC was history..

You can start the instance manually (in windows command prompt):

go to usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/j2ee/<os_libs> and execute

jcontrol -bootstrap=yes pf=/usr/sap/<sdi>/sys/profile/<sid>_<instance>_<host> -startmode=console

But this works for JAVA system,try this,I am not sure though.

Rgs

vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

I checked in my system. Since its ABAP version, i did find something similar to jcontrol. I think disp+work.exe is the similar command in ABAP. But dont know the exact parameters to pass :(.

Thanks in advance.

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sasidhar,

when you closed the mmc, did it ask you if you want to save your settings to mmc or update to a newer version of the mmc?

i had the same issue like you on an earlier installation when i answered either question with yes. it simply destroyed my mmc settings. i was even able to reproduce this at that time.

the only solution for me then was to look through the installation archives and find a template again.

regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton

Thanks for the reply, i tried all the sapmmc files in the system, all the MMCs are like that with no NSP system. When i open the taskmanager i dont even see the kernel running :(. Looks like the whole system is down. Is there any way to start it??? Is reinstalling the ABAP system my only option :(?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sasi