cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying the HTML files for a service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

We are in SAP R/3 4.6c and EP 6.0. We will be using the standalone ITS for our ESS Services.

We would like to modify the standard delivered service for edit skills - PZ31_EWT.

What is the procedure for modifying the HTML files. Where can we see the HTML files associated with a service ?

Is it on the ITS side or via SE80?

Thanks

Rachel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rachel,

If you use SE80 you can select 'Internet service' in the dropdown and search for the PZ31 and the corresponding HTML templates are displayed in the tree pane below under a folder called HTML Templates.In order for the changes to be picked up by ITS you need to publish them with the 'Publish' button on the menu bar.

Cheers,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve:

I have couple questions.

PZ31_EWT is the replacement for the old PZ31. In the dropdown after I select internet service, I do not see PZ31_EWT. However I see PZ31_EWT under transaction code for the development class PPPE_WWW.

I want to change the way the frames are layed out on the portal for PZ31_EWT.

So how do I modify the service ? In the HTML template do I write my own code to change the layout ?

How does this code get picked up along with the generated source code ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

You've just about reached the limits of what I know about changing ESS ITS services I'm afraid.

I didn't see PZ31_EWT listed under Internet services either so Im guessing the ITS service PZ31 name remains unchanged. If you double click on the top level folder in the tree, called PZ31, the details of the ITS service are displayed. Its not obvious that you can do this as it just looks like a folder, but if you do and select the Parameters tab you can see if lists TRANSACTION=pz31 and WEBTRANSACTIONTYPE =EWT which sounds suspiciously similar to what you were expecting.

You could test this by putting some text in the PZ31 HTML template, publishing, and checking it is displayed.

You can (copy and) modify the templates with straight HTML and the Business HTML macro language, which is a bit of a black art but you can access the help via the 'Business HTML overview' button on the toolbar.

I found a sentence in my handover notes from an ESS guru that reads 'Customization to ESS page layout are not easily done. You need to copy and modify the ITS service and edit the business HTML templates'.

The only other way I know to modify ESS is through the SPRO transaction.

Thats about all I can tell you about ESS Im afraid!

Cheers,

Steve

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

PZ31_EWT is just a transaction with the EWT flag in SE93. It is not an internet service defined in SE80 with templates and service file. PZ31_EWT is complete rendered by SAPGUI for HTML. Therefore you cannot easily modify the templates for the service.

Best regards,

Klaus