cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To go for XI or no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The business requirement is such that, there is a service ticket raised in CRM ( IC Web Client) and I need to transfer this data from CRM to ECC 6.0. I have been following a document of SAP where the same scenario had been explained where the data is transfered from CRM to mySAP ERP, it says XI should be used for this task.

Now, my doubts are

1. Cant we do the data transfer between these two systems through an IDoc?

2. If we transfer data between the two systems, do we have to create the Products and Software Components?

3. Could you please give me any material you have on this current business requirement on XI 3.0?

Thanks,

Harika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Cant we do the data transfer between these two systems through an IDoc?

of course you can.

if the case is idoc 2 idoc , actually you do not need to use xi, that is ok with ALE directly.

but if you need to do complex mapping in semantic and other , i think you should use xi.

of course xi just a mediate.

2. If we transfer data between the two systems, do we have to create the Products and Software Components?

yeah,if you gonna use xi, you need to do that.

3. Could you please give me any material you have on this current business requirement on XI 3.0?

check this:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--StepsSummarized&">https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--StepsSummarized&</a>

thanks!

Message was edited by:

joy zheng

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pasumarti, for CRM there is also it's own middleware which can be used for data replication with SAP systems.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please tell me what that middle ware is.

I would have to use XI for the purpose. Can anyone provide me with docs on this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.Its true that for communication between two SAP Systems, you may not use XI.Because you can use stuffs like IDocs RFC's BAPI's etc.However if in your case data transfer is not that easy then you can go for XI.

2.Products and Software Components are created once when you create the namespace for your scenario in XI.

For such a scenario you will need Business Systems and Technical systems.

3. Documents can be provided once you finalise the approach.For instance, what would be the target and source data formats etc, the medium you want to use like rfc, bapi etc.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

>>Cant we do the data transfer between these two systems through an IDoc?

Yes, shure u can. It depends on your business needs. If you know, u need to transer only little amount of document types and you are not planning to include other systems to be integrated together, use IDocs.

>>If we transfer data between the two systems, do we have to create the Products and Software Components?

On XI yes. But it's no problem. These are only records in SLD. It can be done in 15 minutes.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could do this without XI, however, XI provides more than just connection points.

It is delivered with specific business process content to remove alot of the development work.