cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Appraisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not able to print my appraisal document in ECC. This is due to ADS config not done. ADS is not supported in our platform, I had referred the note 925741 and this workaround is ruled out by our basis team, coz of the sizing reason.

Now is there any alternative to print the appraisal document without ADS, like printing in some standard smartforms. Are there any transactions / programs for the same?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you using bsp applications for appraisal please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In portal, yes.. but in ECC i used the trans appsearch to select the doc and print...

Thanks.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check carefully.. you will find a test button on the screen when you view this url..... click on that....

http:// ® Services ® Web Services Container.

3. In the right frame, select the Web service AdobeDocumentServices (Runtime tab, Web Services frame).

4. Choose the SLD tab.

5. Choose Edit.

The system automatically fills the fields with the required information.

6. Enter a description and choose Publish to publish the Web service AdobeDocumentServices to the SLD.

Result

The Web service is now published to SLD.

Message was edited by:

Barin Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barin,

Thanks for the info, I'll check and get back with the results.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My advice is get your basis guy and ask him to go thorugh the installation procedure...

the installation guide is available http://service.sap.com/adobe

you will find help in this I am right now configuring the adobe in my server so if i m successful in doing so then I will come back to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The links are useful, but I am back to square one now... is ADS possible in Itanium 64 bit processor?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. This will be an http connection so you need to put your portal credentials.

Check with your basis team on this and the url would look like this

http://<server:port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc

when you access the above url you will get a screen that will confirm if the service is up and running.... there is a lot of config to be done for ADS which your basis consultant should be able to manage...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barin,

Thanks... In the url it is specifying that Service is not published

Any more info required, please let me know...

What should be done in this case ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

conversation coming back to same point ADS is supported so check in R/3 sm59 destination ads... copy the url and check if you can access...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barin,

Thanks for the input..In sm59 under HTTP Connections to External Server, I have the ADS.. How to get the URL, there is this target host and Path prefix, anything to do with it..?

Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you pl send few transactions i can check and tell pl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barin,

which transactions you mean? I usually use appsearch or appchange to select any appraisal document, double click it and then file -> print.

but if there is some other way to print these appraisals, then it's just great....

Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is your ECC version?

I think you are aware that most of the HR forms are now available in PDF and that SAP will support only PDF format. One of the check includes "Use of PostScript printer drivers, based on user feature and user default".

If you are a basis person, then you can setup these drivers for a specific printer and test, else check with your basis team.

Interestingly, I have tested printing a doc through Tcode - appsearch, and it printed on a Printer having the above drivers. While I am typing, the spool request for a normal printer is still in 'waiting' stage. I will update the results soon.

If this helps, pl do reward

Thanks

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Narasimha, I will check and get back with the results. We are in ECC 6.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

Could you help me with the transaction code for this check

"Use of PostScript printer drivers, based on user feature and user default" ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SPAD tcode to verify the device at SAP level. No changes needed at operating system level.

If this helps, pl do reward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

You had mentioned earlier that,

"Interestingly, I have tested printing a doc through Tcode - appsearch, and it printed on a Printer having the above drivers."

Is ADS configured at your end...? Could you pls confirm on this?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, ADS is indeed configured on my system to enable US tax reports in R/3 and also for rendering PDF on portal.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you test SPAD transaction too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narasimha,

Thanks for the info...Why I asked for ADS config, i suspect that this config is required even for the PDF output...? correct me if I am wrong...

I am not a basis person. Yes I checked the SPAD transaction, but I couldn't find this check "Use of PostScript printer drivers, based on user feature and user default". There is an output device SAP_PDF_PRINTER, should anything be done here...?

Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check in pmatrix if this is correct... i think you can install ads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barin,

I had already checked the Pmatrix in the following link, no itanium entry is there...

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=RELEASE&00200682500000002...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the problem is in R/3 regarding printing right? can you please advise what is your os and why ads can't be configured ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Barin,

Our OS is HP Unix and Itanium 64 bit processor.

Thanks.