cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUID not available in data service model

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP CRM you use something called GUID as a unique key to identify entries in a table.

A common scenario is where a user select one entry in table A and get corresponding entries from table B based on the first table selection.

Now I’m trying to build a demo in Visual composer. The problem is that the GUID attribute is never displayed in the data service model after import. In webdynpro the GUID is a BINARY type and in the CRM the type is RAW.

My question is:

Why can’t I see the GUID in the data service model ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you see the other data? Is the GUID field listed and simply not filled or do you not even see the field.

Is the returned data complex\clustered?

Jarrod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all other data types are available except from GUID!

If I use the se37 transaction and view the interface there is one Export parameter “ET_DATA” which I think is a table. This table have 6 columns (Line type) where GUID is one of them. The other 5 columns are available during the definition of the data service in VC.

If create a model based on the same function module in <b>webdynpro</b> the GUID gets created in the java dictionary, but not in VC.

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rasmus

Please try in this way, u right click on the RFC in ur Story board and click Define Data Sevice u can see the input and output ports, then click on ur port( ET_DATA) u can see all field available ther, check whether the GUID field is available or not,

Webdynpro is completly diffrerent from VC , it is using adaptive RFC model, u will get all thing which r availble while executing the RFC.

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

What I have done is exactly what you are describing, and the result is that all fields are available <b>except from the GUID</b>.

<b>Output Ports: ET_DATA table

ET_DATA fiels: All except from GUID</b>

The datatype GUID (Globally Unique Identifier) is a sap standard datatype and a very common datatype in ABAP, hence I cannot see any reson for it to not bee supported.

The GUID is available everywhere except from when I should define data service !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've done some VC iViews connecting to CRM and using GUID to select objects from a table and display the details.

What is the exact function you're using? Is it a custom or standard function?

Rgds,

Rui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a custom one!

Its a very simple fuction module that just shold return a table.

-><b>Function module:</b> List_files

-><b>Export</b>

Parameter Name: ET_DATA

Associated TYPE: ZET_FILES_TABLE

Pass value: True

-><b>Table type:</b> ZET_FILES_TABLE

-><b>Line type:</b> ZET_FILE

Initialization and Access: Initial Line Number 0

Access: Standard Table

Key definition: standard key

Key category: Non-unique

-><b>ZET_FILE</b>

-><b>File_GUID</b>

Component type GUID

Data type: RAW

Lentgth: 16

Decimal: 0

-><b>Data element GUID</b> - Globally Unique Identifier

Package: SOS_MAPPING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok.. let me redefine my question:

<i><b>Is there any reason for a component / element type to not show up when you define a data service in VC ?</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought you were talking about the CRM documents GUID which you're not.

I believe there are some problems with data type mappings to VC. I think your best option might be to either change the data type in CRM or try converting it to string and create a function interface with string and then internally convert it from/to GUID.

BR,

Rui