Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding AL11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When We will Use AL11 ???

Do we Really Use AL11 in XI Development Time ???? If YES When ???

Regards

Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use <b>AL11</b> while testing our scenario.

<b>AL11</b> is used to see the directory path in application server. Yes we usually use AL11 in development.

Suppose you kept an test file on application server using tcode <b>SXDA_TOOLS</b>, Now you wnat to check if file is there in the correct directory or not, then we used<b> AL11</b> to check the file.

Genraly it is used when you chose NFS mode in your CC.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See I have One .TXT File as Input File

I Have Shared Folder on XI Server, Here I Have to Use NFS only.

Can I Use this Shared Folder To Place the File Insread of AL11 ???

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that you are keeping your file in Application server using tcode SXDA_TOOLS to upload file. So u can see your file only in AL11

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

As I mentioned in my above response, <b>AL11</b> is used to check the presesce of your file only.

If you are using <b>NFS mode</b> only then you have to use Tcode <b>SXDA_TOOLS</b> only to keep the test file (either .txt or .xml whatever) on sourcde directory.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay ,

Means When We are Dealing with NFS means We have to Place the File ( .txt or .xml ) in the Appln. Server Through Tcode SXDA_TOOLS only .Am i Correct ??

Then When We will Use this Shared Folder in XI Server ??

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

NO need to share the directory. just give the source & target directory path as well as source & target file names in <b>SXDA_TOOLS</b> thats it.

Ok if you don't know how to use SXDA_TOOLS, then i will give you all details in my next response.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more Q, If we r using FTP Means then Also this SXDA_TOOLS will work ??Or We have to Use this Shared Folder in XI Server Only ????

Then Finally Don't we Use this Shared Folder Mechanism to Place the File in the Source Directory ???

Please give me the details how to use SXDA_TOOLS,

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

If you are using FTP then there is no need to use SXDA_TOOLS.

In case of FTP u can directly put the file on local machine directory (not on application server).

Thats whay i told you if you are usning NFS mode then use SXDA_TOOLS.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u r using FTP you use any local FTP server that is running on your local machine. You dont use SXDA_TOOLS.

You have to upload file in your local drive and specify its path.

go through this blog it might help you

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang:///people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<b>In case of FTP u can directly put the file on local machine directory (not on application server).</b>

You mean if we are Using FTP Transport Protocol means we have to Place the File in Our Local System . Is it ?????

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to Know this Shared Folder in XI Server Topic

Please Give me the Valuable Inputs

I am Very Confuce about these NFS & FTP

Regards

Babu

Message was edited by:

naga babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Not Necessary to use the local machine, while using FTP you have to mention the source system's ip address and source path, but in most of the case we use our local machine for testing purpose only. That's why I written local machine. )

The porcedure to put a file on server is as shown below:

1. Save your file in your local machine.

2. In XI server, enter the tranaction code "SXDA_TOOLS".

3. In the input screen, enter:

i) Object Type "DXPROJECT".

ii) Program Type "BAPI".

iii) Program "CREATE".

4. Press Copy (Ctrl+F5) button.

5. Now, you will get another screen in which you will see 3 blocks called as "Source", "Target" and "Copy with/without conversion".

6. In Source block, choose the radio button "Presentation Server" and then take F4 help to select your source file. (file which you have saved on your local machine)

7. In TARGET block select the radio button "Application Server", check the box "Remote server" and take F4 help to select your application server.

8. In the same block under "File Type" select "P physical file name" and under "File Name" write the path/directory name which you have mentioned in your communication channel along with the file name.

Example: suppose file name in your Comm Chanel is "demo.xml" and directory path is "/abc/testfiles/XML/", then in step 8 write "/abc/testfiles/XML/demo.xml".

Note: need not to do any thing in 3rd block.

After doing all the above, let me know the results.

Regards,

Sarvesh

****Reward points, if it helpd you.

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

AL11 Display SAP Directories . It is used to browse the file system of your SAP system .

Shared Folder in XI server - It mean there is folder which can be accessed from your XI system . You can access any of the folders on the Xi system and shared folder if you have permissions to access those folders.

NFS & FTP -

FTP is a protocol which you use to put or get file file from a remote server.

NFS - Native File system refers to the local file system of the Xi system .

Any more confusion !!!!

Cheers,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

I guess till now you must have understood about NFS mode.

Just go through this blog to under stand the FTP (File Transfer Protocol)

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

Regards.

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I have been clear about my self From your side that,

1) we need to goto SXDA_TOOLS When We r using NFS Only.

2) When We r Using FTP means We have to Place the File in the FTP Server & We have to Give the IP Address & port & File Path of the FTP Server.

So give me a light Glow on this Shared Folder on XI Server Topic.

I have been heard this shared folder topic some where else

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

Yes you are correct. So now you understand about FTP & NFS gr8. )

Now about <b>shared folder</b>, the <b>story</b> is like this.

Suppose in your system landscap there is a need of common directory which can be used by R/3 as well as XI, the reason for this is, suppose in your R/3 system there are some progarms or reports which fetch the data from R/3 tables and then genrates some file. Now if these files (generated by R/3 system) needs to be used as a source file in XI then we (BASIS guy) creates a shared directory which is accessable by XI and R/3. So now in this case you don't requre FTP (file transfer protocol), you have to use only NFS (Network File System) and by having this common/shared directory you will also not require the tcode SXDA_TOOLS to put the file on server because file is already there.

So this was the story about "<b>Shared Folder</b>".

Note: Above is an example, it can vary on different requirements/situations.

I hope you will like and enjoy my story. )

Regards,

Sarvesh

• Reward Points for good story.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

Finally I have Some more Q's Regarding this.

If we Are Using NFS, Scenario is File to IDOC, File1.txt is the File name.

Q1) Should we Place the File in Application Server ( SAP R/3) Or in the XI Server Using SXDA_TOOLS ???

Q2) Here Which path we need to give to pick the File1.txt File in File CC ???

For this Should I Give AL11 Mentioned Path???

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

<b>Q1) Should we Place the File in Application Server ( SAP R/3) Or in the XI Server Using SXDA_TOOLS ???</b>

Always Application Server of XI not R/3.

<b>Q2) Here Which path we need to give to pick the File1.txt File in File CC ???</b>

You have to give a path which you given in your <b>Sender File adapter Communicaton Channel</b>.

I think you haven't gone properly through my previous response about "how to use SXDA_TOOLS". I have mentioned each small step in that. So once you follow that, all your doubts will be solved.

Go to Step 8, there you have to give the file name & directory path which you have given in Sender CC.

Yes this directory path is same which you see via <b>AL11</b>.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Message was edited by:

Sarvesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay Yaar ,

I have gone through all the steps.

So Rarely we will goto this Shared Folder Story. Right ??

Mostly we will goto this NFS with SXDA_TOOLS Or FTP With FTP Parameters. Is it ???

Last Q) Can't we Place the File in Our Local Working System when we r doing with NFS Instead of Putting the file in Application Server ??

So that we can give Our Local Working System Path in the File Sender CC.

Regards

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>Mostly we will goto this NFS with SXDA_TOOLS Or FTP With FTP Parameters. Is it ???</b>

Correct!!

<b>Last Q) Can't we Place the File in Our Local Working System when we r doing with NFS Instead of Putting the file in Application Server ??

So that we can give Our Local Working System Path in the File Sender CC.</b>

That is <b>NOT</b> <b>possible</b> with <b>NFS</b> anyway. NFS only acts with XI application server not with local machine.

Babu if you are satisfied kidly make this thread as <b>answered</b>.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thans For Your Patience Yaar

Answered

Regards

Babu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use local FTP server like cerebrus.

ffor local testing. In File adapter you have to choose Message protocol as FTP.

Regards,

Anu