cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling BC flow language(mappings) from XI runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have to migrate BC Interfaces to XI. In BC mapping is donw with flow language.

SO is it possible to call BC mappings at runtime from XI, that is when message mapping has to be done XI runtime calls BC flows.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Div

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible directly. Instead u may try calling the BC system using the BC adapter and get the response back from it. The scenario may involve BPM them.

This would be helpful

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8424011-0d01-0010-e19d-e5bd8ca5...

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell us some thing more about flow language.

I have seen some of my friends working in BC where they were using a graphical environment to model the mapping (It is done in a series of steps, for example if you want to loop over a node you model a loop and do the opn with in that loop and many such steps can follow). Do you call this graphical modelling as flow language? If so, let us know what happens behind the scene. That is you are using a graphical tool to model the mapping, BC converts that to --?

In XI, you can use graphical tool to model your mapping which is converted to a Java mapping by XI. You can use Java,ABAP or XSLT to develop your mappings too.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jai Shankar,

You are right, we do mapping in BC with flow language, which ahs several steps, it is like graphical modelling business logic.

You can also Java code which can also do mapping.

In BC we have only two options for mapping:Flow language , XSLT.

It actually stores as XMl file, but which can be understood by BC only

I want to migrate interfaces from BC to XI, so I am looking for easier mathod,

I thought I can call BC mapping from XI engine.

You can also reward me points if you found anything useful.

Div

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Div,

Thanx for the explanation. I got to know a few things about BC.

>>It actually stores as XMl file, but which can be understood by BC only

If that is the case, I guess you will have to redo the mapping in XI

>>You can also reward me points if you found anything useful.

Unfortunately not possible again. This is your thread and <b>only you can reward</b> others' replies and not vice verca.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

Flow language is proprietery language so you can not call Flow languague mappings in XI . If you are migrating your interfaces from BC to XI then you need to the changes to all your mapping objects .

Please find the below documents which will explain to how to migrate from BC to XI interfaces.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a8424011-0d01-0010-e19d-e5b...

Hope this will help you . If you have your requirement to retain BC interfaces and only call Flow language mappings from XI runtime . Please ignore this.

Cheers,

Reddy