cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Indexes per row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have 12 indexes. When i press advanced search>> Show indexes, the indexes are displayed as 6 indexes a row.

It makes the UI very dirty.

How can I reduce the number of indexes shown in a row.

I want to show only 4 per row. So tat I can get a clean 4 index and 3 rows.

How can we achive this?

Regards

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear George,

another pragmatic option I see here: <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/50/6adc6cfe48b248b1480553ffba81a3/frameset.htm">Permissions for Indexes</a>

<i>'When end users carry out a search, the system searches only those indexes for which they have read permission. Moreover, the search options display only those indexes for which the end user in question has read permission.</i>'

Hope this helps,

Regards, Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Peter and Martin,

I dont know how I forgot the permissions in Index Administration.

Cheers

gEorgE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

I do remember that component containing the search indexes turns out very messy with a lot of data sources to be rendered. Unfortunately I never found any solutions to this problem except for the two workarounds:

1) Develop you own search component. Unfortunately this is a very expensive solution when you compare it with what you want to achieve.

2) Use the search component with search indexes in a dropdown next to the search field. Unfortunately this search component does not enable you to do multi-selection which most of the time is critical for searches.

If some of the indexes should be mandatory to search, you could hide them from the search using a searchhidden entry when creating the index.

Best regards,

Martin Søgaard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

But that opens a new question, I have a index which I dont want to show to user and also I dont want to search based on that index (not mandatory).

I am using tat index only for classification purpose.

Can you tell me how to hide an index that i dont want end users to see?

Sorry it may sound crazy but this is wat I want.

Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

No, it doesnt sound crazy. Here's what to do:

1. Delete the classification index, you are referring to. You can only hide indexes from the search if you set this parameter on creation of the index. Remeber to note the settings from the index.

2. Create the new index like you did before, but add the following in custom properties: Name: "searchhidden", Value: "true" before clicking "Create Index".

3. If you refer to the search index in any search options set, and you dont want the search index to show anywhere, go and remove the index from the search options set where its referenced.

Best regards,

Martin