Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to import request ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

how to import request ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish

Please use transaction STMS after ensuring your request has been released.

Choose the correct system, choose your request and click on Transport(there will be 2 options choose the truck on the right). Select the right target system etc.

Check the log...

Regards,

Arun

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish

Please use transaction STMS after ensuring your request has been released.

Choose the correct system, choose your request and click on Transport(there will be 2 options choose the truck on the right). Select the right target system etc.

Check the log...

Regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

You can use Transaction code STMS to import request.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Within your SAP system or from external system to your system.

Within your system

release the request and in STMS you have to import that request as per the path mentioned.

This is the BASIS people job to do this transport of the requests

From external system take that request in a external disk and place those files in CO and DAT files in the Server and use them.

Regards

Anji

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steps to transport a request

1. go to tcode se80 and create a package

2. when it prompts to save create a new request and save this number

3. enter description and click on save and then ok

4. now go to se38 and create ur program and assign the package created above

and put the same request number

5. if the program already exists and is assigned to a local object/different package, then follow the path “goto-> object directory entry” and put the above created package and request number

6. go to tcode se09 and make sure that “modifiable and released” are checked and click on display

7. Do the syntax check and consistency checks on the requests and release

8. go2 tcode cg3y and download the data and CO files to ur local pc from the following paths. (example)

u00D8 Data: E:\usr\sap\trans\data\R903789.IEC

u00D8 CO: E:\usr\sap\trans\cofiles\K903789.IEC

9. Go to the Sever in which the request is to be imported

10. go to transaction CG3Z and upload the data and co files to the respective folders on that server

11. go to transaction STMS

12. Goto Overview -> Imports

13. Double click on the system (eg: CE6)

14. Goto Extras -> Other Requests -> Add

15. Choose the request number (which will be the same as the one you created in the old server) and click on Ok

16. if a message is displayed as follows, click on Yes

‘Transport request IECK903

attach to import queue CE6’

17. Your request number will get added to the list

18. Select it and goto Request -> Import

19. Choose your client (same as client on the current server) (you can fiddle with other options in the Options tab

20. Click on Ok and if a message is shown as follows, click on Yes

The import is being executed with the following options

Asynchronous:

- Leave transport request in queue

Import transport request IECK903789 into system CE6

client 100?

21. A ‘Truck’ symbol will be shown in the Status column

22. Click on Refresh till the truck changes to a yellow triangle

23. Right click on the request and click on logs to view any errors or messages

24. If no errors then transport is successful

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use transaction STMS

Look at <a href="http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCCTSTMS/BCCTSTMS.pdf">Transport Management System (BC-CTS-TMS)</a> and <a href="http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCRRR/BCRRRSAA.pdf">System Administration Assistant</a>

<b>Importing Requests </b>

<b>Use </b>

<i>You can use three different methods in the TMS import queue to import requests into the target system. You can choose between performing any of the three methods in dialog, or in the background. The best method for you depends on your system landscape and your transport

strategy [Ext.]. In practice, you will find that a combination of these methods is the most effectiveway of working with the TMS. If you only want to import individual requests or projects into a system, you can change the transport strategy </i>

<b>Prerequisites </b>

<i>Before you import the requests from an import queue into an SAP System, ensure that no users are working in this SAP System. Therefore, inform your users about the import times early on, for example by creating a system message.To prevent change requests from still being placed in the import queue shortly before the mass import, and perhaps being imported unintentionally, we recommend closing the import queue before the import. Also read the notes on Precautionary Measures in the Target System </i>

<b>Functions </b>

<b>Starting the Import of All Requests in an Import Queue (Mass Transport

Strategy) </b>

<i>When you import all the requests from an import queue, they are imported in the order in which they are placed in the queue. Each import step is performed for all requests. First, all the Dictionary objects in the requests are imported, then all the Dictionary objects are activated, and then the main import is performed for all requests. If you use this method to export all your requests from your development system into your quality assurance and production systems, then you are assured of keeping the Customizing and Workbench objects in your systems synchronized. However, this method is less suitable if you develop in different projects at the same time, test them in the QA system, and then import the projects into your production system at different times. This applies especially to the production system. </i>

<b>Starting the Import of All Requests in One or More Projects </b>

<i>If you have assigned your transport requests to projects (see Using Projects to Control Transports [Ext.]), you can import all requests that belong to a single project together. The requests are imported in the order in which they are placed in the import queue. This also applies if you want to import all the requests from multiple projects together. All the requests in one project are not imported first, followed by all the requests in the next project. Instead they are imported in the order in which they are placed in the import queue. Each import step is performedfor all requests, just like when you import all requests from a queue. First, all the Dictionary objects in the requests are imported, then all the Dictionary objects are activated, and then the main import is performed for all requests. </i>

<b>Starting the Import for Individual Requests (Single Transport Strategy) </b>

<i>As well has having the option of importing all requests in the import queue, or all requests in a project, the TMS also allows you to import individual requests from the import queue. The requests you choose are imported in the order in which they are placed in the import queue. The order of the mport steps corresponds to an import of all requests. Importing single requests can either be _ an exception, if you usually use mass transports _ or the rule if you usually use single transports. Examples for using single transports:

_ Every week, you import changes into your production system that you have previously tested in your QA system. To do this, you have scheduled an import that periodically imports all waiting requests. If you want to correct an error in the production system between these

import times, you can import the request into your quality assurance and production system at an earlier time. As standard, the TMS imports a request of this type as a preliminary transport. This means that it stays in the import queue after it has been imported, and is imported again in the next scheduled import of all requests, to avoid inconsistencies. In this scenario you can also use the Transport Workflow [Ext.], as of Release 4.6. Developers make the transports into a test system. Developers have the authorization to import their own requests. Since only individual transports are made into the system in this case, the system administrator sets the system so that the requests do not remain in the import queue after the import (see Starting the Import for Single Requests.To find out about the requirements you need to meet, we recommend that you read the following

information:

_ Transport Strategy in the CTS [Ext.]

_ Transport Strategy for Single Transports [Ext.] </i>

<b>Test Imports </b>

<i>Before you start or schedule any of the import methods discussed above, you can test them with a test import. This lets you recognize any conflicts with original objects and repairs. </i>

Regards