Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

solution manger

Hi,

we are havning devserver and prdserver.then what is the use of solution manager its a seperate server we have to install.can any one clarify my doubt.

Thanku

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi

Solution Manager can use

--> Monitor your systems centrally . So can set up solution manager to send out alerts to you email or phone if an alert occurs in your satelllite system ( i.e ur dev or prd etc)

I--> To configure Early Watch Alerts ( EWA ) .You can get EWA reports of satellite systems , usually onfigures to get every week , it will record all the issues in your satellie system , so it can be used to turned your systems and also take actions proactively.

--> Serice Desk

--> Change Management

--> Maintanace Optimizer : You need solution manager to download SAP patches for new release. Once you download the patches in service market place , you have to approve it from solution manager then onloy you can download it using download manager.

--> Solution manager Key for upgrade/Install. you need to have a key from solution manager for evey new install or upgrade.

These are the use of solution manager. It is a seprate SAP installation and cannot be configured in your PRD or DEV using SAINT. Its not necessary to have a seprate server , if your existing server has enough resourses you can install it there.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Message was edited by:

Prince Jose

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question