Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem in Using an URL in Exit Plug (NW 2004s SP12)

I have a Webdynpro application to specify the terms and conditions for the users when they login to the portal for the first time.

Upon Accepting the terms by the user, i used to loggoff the user and will redirect to the portal logon page again to relogin. (This was a requirment )

I was using an exit plug with the URL pointing to loggoff.jsp which invalidates the session and redirect to the portal login page again. This was working fine in NW 2004.

The code used to call the exit plug in the Window Interface view is,

When we upgarded into 2004s SP12 i am getting the folllowing error when firing the exit plug with the URL.

<b>"The Exit Plug can not use an URL when used in Portal, use Portal Navigation instead"</b>

We tried portal navigation as well, but seems that will work with PCD Objects only, where we need to redirect to the URL(logoff.jsp).

I tried the HttpServletResponse.sendRedirect() as well, but the control remains in the TermsandConditions view only.

<b>Code Used:

WebCallback webcallback = new WebCallback();

HttpServletResponse response= webcallback.getResponse();

Please let me know if somebody faced this issue and the work around for this.

My requirement is that upon clicking on the Accept button, i need to logoff the user by calling logoff.jsp will be destroy

the session and redirect to portal login page.

Please let me know the work around to call the URL in the view.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks and Regards,

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question