Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to changes the entries table VBPA directly in production

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have a situation where We need to changes the content of 40 records in table VBPA directly in production.I need to change the address number in the table VBPA for the 40 record.Could any one let me know how to do about in production to make the direct change in production.I see that the table maintenance in not maintain for this table .

Thank you.

Regards,

Donny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a BDC to change the contents of these 40 records..

or create a report in Dev that will change the desired field...

hardcode the code for only these 40 entries... then transport the code to Prod..

and change the values by executing this code...

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a BDC to change the contents of these 40 records..

or create a report in Dev that will change the desired field...

hardcode the code for only these 40 entries... then transport the code to Prod..

and change the values by executing this code...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a one time program in development and transport it to production to modify the VBPA records

OR

If you have change access in SE16 ...you can change them..

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

I have access to SE16 but how to go about it could u let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donny

Don't! VBPA is SAP standard table and everything I have ever read says to not make any changes to SAP standard tables unless you are very, very confident about what you are doing. Updates to one table are rarely unconnected to other tables so you are ikely to correupt your system.

But its your call.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have access transaction code <b>SE16N</b>. And put table name and write the command <b>&SAP_EDIT</b> and enter sap editing function is activated and after that you can change , delete ,insert from the database table.

if you have any problem give me ur email id so i can sent you realted document.

Regards,

Achin Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SE16n transaction ..then use T-code &SAP_EDIT then editing function will be activated...

You can't edit single field like address..

to over come this create entire new row with changed values and delete original row..

Message was edited by:

sapsudha rao

0 Kudos

Why do you want to change the entries in the table ??

Since this is a standard table, wrong entries wouldn't have been updated manually..

VBPA table store the Partner associated with a Particular document. Now if your requirement is to change the partners then you can do it manually through the Transaction for the required document.

If the address of the partner is wrong, then you can change the partner address in XD02 for the particular customer.

Regards,

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forty records?? The users can do it manually much faster and with no room for program errors.

Rob