cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in JDBC Scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

At present i am doing File to JDBC Scenario using SQL Server database.I am having some doubts in doing this Scenario,please give me some clarification on those.I already completed this scenario using MS Access database.

SQL Server installed on my local machine.

1.For MS Access I used Business Service for both Sender and Receiver. Can I use Business Service for Sender and Receiver in this case also? Do I need to compulsory use Business System for the Receiver? Do I need to give information regarding my local machine in that Business System in SLD?

2.After going through some documents on JDBC Scenarios,i came to know that,the only difference between using MS Access and SQL Server is ,configuring Receiver Communication Channel parameters and Deploying the corresponding Driver on XI Server though SDM.Is this the only change?or Is there any other change need to do?Please suggest me.....

3.In Receiver Communication channel configuration at Connection parameter we are giving -

jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://172.16.202.57:1433;databaseName=xxxx.

My system IP Address is 172.16.202.57

Will the Port Number always 1433 for local machine?

4.Throught out the whole scenario we were giving the Database Name in Receiver Communication channel and Table Name in Data structure of Receiver.Is this sufficient to determine the Correct Data base and Correct Table name?Or Anywhere else do we need to give the Table name or Database name?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramana.

*POINTS WILL BE REWARDED TO THE ANSWERS.*

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1.You can Business Service for Sender and Receiver in this case also. No need to go for Systems.The scenario is going to be the same.

2.The only difference is in the configuration of Receiver Communication Channel and the parameters are URL Connection String and name of the driver.

Also the corresponding Driver for SQL server needs to be deployed on XI Server using SDM.

3.Not in all the cases you specify a port number.I had connected to Max DB using the connection as

jdbc:sapdb://DBServerName/DBName

4. Yes it is sufficient because the Receiver Structure of JDBC is defined in such a manner.

For more refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Get back if you have some more doubts.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all for answering my question.

I have not done this scenario practically.Now i collected all the information required.

If i come across any problems while doing practically,i will get back to u.

Regards,

Ramana.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U r on right track for each of ur problems

1. Use Business Service. Business system usage in not compulsary.

2. Correct. The only change would be in connection parameters.

3. The port u r talking about is by default 1433. It could vary also.

4. Absolutely correct

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) You can do this scenario also using a business service and no need to create a business system.

2) You are right those are the only changes

3) 1433 is the default port for SQL server.

4) You are right. Please configure the scenario as u did for MS Access except for Channel Parameters and deploying the drivers.

Regards,

Sudheer.