cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive ODS, unable to activate ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 update rules to a ODS. I had to remove a couple of time chars (OCalday, 0Calmonth) , i deleted the data and removed the chars. When i tried to activate the ods, i am getting errors because of one of the update rule(error: update rule 1 not consistent with source system) i later found that there is no datasource assigned to that rule. Now my ODS is inactive and when i try to delete that update rule i cannot delete it because the ods is inactive and i cannot activate the ods. What is the solution. I even tried to put the time chars back into the ods and activate it but now use, i get the same error.

Please help me out.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry for the delayed reply. I was having problems with my account so i am posting reply from my friends acct.

thanks for the responses.

The error msg i get when i activate ODS is

"mapping between datasource (8zsc_o01) is inconsistent with the source system."

"error when creating the export datasource and dependent objects"

There are 2 datasources to this infoprovider. one is a flat file and the other is the one mentioned above.

so i replicated the datasource in the source system and it still gives me the same error. (also i cannot see the datasource in the infosource, i can only see it in the source system)

How can i fix the source system mapping?

Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like that you have "generated a export data source" for the ODS and used it in the update rules of some cube.

Try deleting that first.

You can see the data source (8*) under "Data Mart" Application component.

You need to activate this Application component first, from the business content.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

thanks for the response, there is an infocube which is using this datasource.

Shd i delete the update rules to that cube? how would that solve the problem.

My error msg says" error when creating the export datasource and dependent objects"

Also what does the datasources starting with '8' mean?

and what is the data mart app component?

please help.

thanks, i will assign points.

I also have screenshots of the error msgs, i can email them to you.

Message was edited by:

Sridhar Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to change the update rules for the "InfoCube" such that no mapping exists for those characteristics that you want to delete.

Instead of me explaining the concept, would be better if you read the following.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/80/1a6110e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Another way to understand the concept would be to search the SDN. I'm sure you'll find many messages related to your query.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for the response. I guess i can take it from here.

also tell me how to assign points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here's the procedure:

• How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left. You also get a point yourself for rewarding (one per thread).

Thank you for being considerate.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish, i deactivated the update rules on the other infocube that use this export datasource and tried to activate the ODS again but i still get the same error and my export datasource is not visible in datamarts.

Any more suggestions.

I can see it in the datamart application component in the source system not in the infosources.

Message was edited by:

Sridhar Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you change the update rules for the InfoCube and removed the mapping for InfoObjects that you want to delete from the ODS?

Once you have done that, save the update rules first before attempting to delete those InfoObjects from the ODS.

Inorder to view the data source check the following:

a) Under InfoSources, do a find on "0DM".

If nothing shows up, then you'll have to activate this application component first.

b) If 0DM is already available, then In RSA1-->Settings, select Display Generated Objects, click on Show

Generated ODS Objects.

This should work.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I deactivated the update rules to the other cube.

I have already deleted the infoobjects from the ODS before i made any mods to the update rules. My ODS is currently inactive.

Like i mentioned, i have even put those deleted IOs back into the ODS and activated it but i still get the same error.

Why am i getting the error even after i have put everything back in the same way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are trying to activate the ods,what error message you are receiving?

pls post it

chhers,

swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assuming that you have more time characteristics (like 0CALYEAR etc) in your update rules and those are updated using either 0CALDAY or 0CALMONTH and that's why probably it's not allowing you to remove them from the ODS and activate it.

If that's the case, try removing the mapping for those time characteristics first before removing them from the ODS.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ashish