cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction BI 7.0 vs BW 3.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have created Generic Extractor using RSO2 for SD Module in R/3. Replicated the Data source in BI 7.0.

Now for creating the Transformation and DTP process for BI 7.0, do I have to create a Infocube or DS first? Its not allowing me to create DTP or Transformation with out having Active Datastore Object, Infocube Object or InfoObject…

I am comparing the steps with BW 3.5 where after replicating the data in BW, used to create Infosource, ODS or Infocube and then create Infopackage to load the data into Data Targets…

Can some one help understanding the steps of BI 7.0

Thanks,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, create your DSO and then create transformations between Datasource that you replicated and DSO ..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For BI 7.0, it's manditory to have a target datasource inorder to create DTP or Transformations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are loading data from r/3, so after replication select ur datasource, click on change mode and activate it.then it will be available in acitve mode.

Now create ur data target and create transformation and dtp.

Award points if it solves ur prob.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

its mandatory to have a source and target for transformations. so you need to have a datasource and a infoprovider to connect each other. As infosource is optional in 7.0. ebven in 3.x you need to have a infosource and a datasource to have the transfer rules, so is the case even with 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Now for creating the Transformation and DTP process for BI 7.0, do I have to create a Infocube or DS first? Its not allowing me to create DTP or Transformation with out having Active Datastore Object, Infocube Object or InfoObject</i>

Transformation is mapping btn IProvider n Datasource so they have to be active so as to create transf.

For DTP Prereq is Transformation.

PSA - Infopackage Loads till here

Create DSO

Create Trans

Create DTP btn DSO n Datasource which will load from PSA

Create Cube

Create Trans

Create DTP btn DSO n Cube which will load from DSO