cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Purchasing Organization on Vendor master record

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a vendor(s) that was created without a purchasing organization.

Is there a way to update the Purchasing Organization on a vendor master record if the purchasing organization field was left blank when the vendor was orignally created?

What are the ramifications of creating some vendors with a purchasing organization and others without?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will,

You will need to extend the vendor to the purchasing org. using MK01 or XK01. The vendor master can be maintained centrally (XK01) or purchasing data (MK01) and accounting data (FK01) can be maintained independently. That is the reason SAP has provided 3 separate transactions.

If you need to use the vendor for purchasing functions (eg. create a PO), then the prerequiste is that you will need to maintain the vendor for all valid purchasing organizations. There are no other ramifications as such.

Hope this helps.

H Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me make sure I am understanding because I have to explain to the purchasing department.

Since the vendor was initially created without a purchasing organization, we now have to create the vendor using MK01 thus making sure that we don't forget the field for purchasing organization this time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will,

That is correct. I used the term <i>extend</i> since normally you would create the vendor for a particular purchasing org. initially (using MK01 or XK01) and later extend it to other purchasing orgs. using the same transactions. If you did not enter a purchasing org. the first time around, then you will need to do so using MK01 or XK01 later.

H Narayan

Answers (0)