cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - Test Message - Confirming as Developper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day.

Within ChaRM, we are currently looking for a means of having the Developer confirm a Test Message. Is there a way to by-pass the current SAP "safe-guard?"

Thanks!

Charles.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

By the default setting,when the developer and the tester are the same person it will give a warning while doing so,provided that same person has both tester and developer role.

If this is your need by assigning the two roles could solve your problem.

Is this you are looking for?

Regards,

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

here's how you can solve your issue.

Go to SPRO, and follow this path:

SAP Solution Manager > Configuration > Scenario-Specific Settings > Change Request Management > Extended Configuration > Change Transaction > Transaction Types > Make Settings for Change Transaction Types

click on Make Settings for Change Transaction Types, select ZDTM (your version of SDTM) and double-click on Assign Conditions.

you should see all of the following:

E0009 -10 -SAME_USER -SOCM_ACTION_LOG -021 -Cancel-E0004

This means that when the Tester role and the Developer role has the same business partner, cancel the action because they can not be the same person.

You can put it as Warning if you want just to make sure people notice it.

Let me know if this helped.

Salpi

Please reward points for solved or helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salpi.

That sounds like a good strategy!

The only issue I have, is that I can't find the "Make Settings for Change Transaction Types" entry in the SPRO? I'm running SolMan 4.0 SPS 12.

Any idea where I can find that?

Thanks!

Charles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

follow this path:

Go to SPRO:

SAP Solution Manager > Configuration > Scenario-Specific Settings > Change Request Management > Extended Configuration > Change Transaction > Change Transaction Types > Make Settings for Change Transaction Types.

Let me know if it works.

Salpi