cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reopen Maintenance Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a maintenance cycle that we have been using for urgent corrections in one of our landscapes that someone has set to 'withdrawn' status in error. As a result, all corrections that are open are now displaying the error 'An action was terminated due to an exceptional situation.' I tried creating a new maintenance cycle in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, linked to the same landscape but this has not helped. Is there a program/workaround/trick that can be used to simply open the original maintenance cycle again?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please verify the note : 933986

Please Reward point if your problem has been fixed

regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the post but when I execute these programs, they are working on the maintenance cycle (Mxxxxxx). I need to reopen the Urgent Correction that is connected to the maintenance system as it is currently in Withdrawn status. The CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT report indicates that it cannot change the status of the correction:

Database change for maintenance cycle SDMN not allowed

Document 8000000042 refused for technical reasons: /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_CHECK_CYCLE

Did I overlook something in the note or would there be a different approach?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to reset the phase of the maintenance cycle run report /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_DB_UTILITY. select option 'Set phase Value'. Now select your task list, give the current phase and the phase you want to set.

Deselect option 'List output only (no updates)' and execute.

Regards,

Kriti Bhalla.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Secunde...

In Tr. SE38 , execute the report : CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT , then fill the field Transaction No. ,

Mark "Set Status to In Processing"

Unmark "List OutputOnly"

Execute..

Regards...

Claudenir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions but these all would address the maintenance task list, which is not the issue. When I run /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_DB_UTILITY, it will only accept the maintenance cycle task list (M000000022). The process runs but does not change the status of the related urgent correction (8000000042). When I run CRM_SOCM_SERVICE_REPORT, it does accept 8000000042 but generates the following error messages:

Database change for maintenance cycle SDMN not allowed

Document 8000000042 refused for technical reasons: /TMWFLOW/PHCNTRL_CHECK_CYCLE

I need to change the status of 8000000042 from 'Withdrawn' to 'In development w/o release'.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Claudenir for the OSS note to create the maintenance cycle, since it became apparent that there was no way available to reopen the urgent correction originally setup for the project. Problem now is that any reference to the existing urgent corrections still in process results in a short dump

Exception condition "INDICATED_CYCLE_NOT_FOUND" raised.

I have been checking in OSS for a report/program that could reassign these messages from one maintenance cycle to another but came up with nothing to this point. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Paul,

1.As of the Urgent correction,once it is set to withdrawn status,the ssystem status will become completed and sowe cannot modify the urgent corrcetion again.

2.If the Maintenance cycle associated with this urgent correction is open or in active state you can created a followup Urgent correction for the Change request from which the UC(withdrawn)was created and go ahead with your work.

3.So what is the status of your miantenace cycle when you view in /n/tmwflow/maintinst.If the maintenance cycle is locked,try to unloack it and open the task list to check if it is opening with out any error.If it opens without any error you can go ahead with the changes as discribed in point 2.

Please check your maintenanced cycle in /n/tmwflow/maintinst or solar_project_admin go to system landscape,change management tab and give refresh.Once we get the status of maintenace cycle we can narrow down to the issue.

Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses to this point. Referencing item (2), how do we create the new Urgent Correction for the maintenance cycle? We go through the suggested transaction and create it but in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, the old urgent correction is still there. Did we miss a step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread as the problem is more related re-opening or reassigning a new urgent correction to a maintenance cycle that is still open.

Thanks to everyone that responded but we still have a problem.