cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ways to research a FI/CO topic ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am relatively new in the SAP consulting world - I have been an Oracle Financials Functional Consultant till now. Just got my SAP FI/CO certification a couple of months back (after 4 months hands-on training) and am only now getting to use real-world SAP as a Consultant.

From time to time, I need to do some research on a FI/CO topic for real-life client scenarios. I have been logging on to SAP Service Marketplace and have looked at various Portals on the Home Page, including the Help portal. However, it seems that I am not looking at the right research materials or relevant portals / forum discussions.

Could you please share best ways to do research on FI/CO topics?

What are the best ways to get to the comprehensive documentation and discussion threads on a topic, like FX Revaluation (how it works, how to configure, how to use, common issues etc), Intercompany Accounting / Reconciliation Issues etc. In some cases, I may even need to look up some basic functionality like Document Splitting, Use of Assignment field etc.

Perhaps I am not looking at right documentation on the Help portal. Where specifically on Help portal should I go to for FI/CO topics on ECC 5.0 or 6.0?

Any and all tips are welcome!

Puneet Nayyar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Subsequent to posting the original message earlier today, I noticed that there was a related question posted by Amit on Oct 16th titled "Notes (Online) for SAP FICO Starter" to which there have been some responses.

Some of the tips I am looking for are already posted in Amit's question thread. You need not re-post those links.

If you have any additional tips to my original message, I would appreciate if you could post those.

Many Thanks!

Puneet