SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling of Down payments / advance payments retail POS interface

Former Member

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there´s a best practice to handle down payments with POS interface?

thanks in advance

Mariana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Pl use the following link:

help.sap.com/bp_retailv1470/documentation/EN/Store%20Business%20Offline%20EPOS_EN_PRES_V147.ppt

<b>IDOC</b> for down payment is <b>WPUTAB01</b>.

Entries will be as follows:

If a customer is making a down payment of Rs.1000/-

<b>Cash a/c DR 1000/-

Customer or Site CR(Retail Stores if u dont maintain individual customers) 1000</b>/-

When sales are closed say for example Rs.10000/-

<b>Cash a/c DR Rs.9000/-

Customer or Site DR Rs.1000/-

Sales CR Rs.10000/-</b>

In SAP u need to create a <b>Special G/L with Indicator A </b> and this special G/L will be assigned to your main a/c in Tcode <b>OBXR</b>.

<b>F-29</b> Post Customer Down Payment ,<b>F-32</b> Clear Customer ,<b>F-39</b> Clear Customer Down Payment are the FICO transactions which will be used. Pl contact yr FICO

consultant for further details.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mani

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Pl use the following link:

help.sap.com/bp_retailv1470/documentation/EN/Store%20Business%20Offline%20EPOS_EN_PRES_V147.ppt

<b>IDOC</b> for down payment is <b>WPUTAB01</b>.

Entries will be as follows:

If a customer is making a down payment of Rs.1000/-

<b>Cash a/c DR 1000/-

Customer or Site CR(Retail Stores if u dont maintain individual customers) 1000</b>/-

When sales are closed say for example Rs.10000/-

<b>Cash a/c DR Rs.9000/-

Customer or Site DR Rs.1000/-

Sales CR Rs.10000/-</b>

In SAP u need to create a <b>Special G/L with Indicator A </b> and this special G/L will be assigned to your main a/c in Tcode <b>OBXR</b>.

<b>F-29</b> Post Customer Down Payment ,<b>F-32</b> Clear Customer ,<b>F-39</b> Clear Customer Down Payment are the FICO transactions which will be used. Pl contact yr FICO

consultant for further details.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thank you indeed for your answer!! It was very helpful. Kindly let me know if I did the points assignment correctly, I am pretty new to the forum.

Mariana

0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Hope the down payment scenario is through for you. Kindly send the screen shots of the FI simulation. Also, please do tell me where the special G/L indicator is mentioned in the simulation.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I cannot find the file based on the path already. Can you show me again the path or send me the file?

Thanks

Connie

0 Kudos

Hi All,

If anybody find any information on this topic please share to me also.

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Could you please suggest to me how this process got implemented? That is very helpful if you do so.

Thanks and Regards

Venkat