cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Nullpointer

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to preview my iview , I get the following error. I have the access of a content administrator.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.xss.hr.mbo.blc.BMboStatusComp.getCurrentMboParams(BMboStatusComp.java:242)

at com.sap.xss.hr.mbo.blc.wdp.InternalBMboStatusComp.getCurrentMboParams(InternalBMboStatusComp.java:191)

at com.sap.xss.hr.mbo.blc.BMboStatusCompInterface.getCurrentMboParams(BMboStatusCompInterface.java:140)

at com.sap.xss.hr.mbo.blc.wdp.InternalBMboStatusCompInterface.getCurrentMboParams(InternalBMboStatusCompInterface.java:164)

at com.sap.xss.hr.mbo.blc.wdp.InternalBMboStatusCompInterface$External.getCurrentMboParams(InternalBMboStatusCompInterface.java:220)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In general, you get the NullPointer exception, when the frontend expects a value in a field and that value is not passed over from the backend..

1. If you are the Portal Admin try switching the Trace, recreate the error & check the logs.. it will give you some leads as to where the error occurred.

2. You can also check if this resulted in a short dump in the backend.. use ST22 & verify..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I dont have the portal admin rights, I can just view the contents. I have also started another thread detailing on the actual problem

"I am trying to work on performance maintenance document.

In portal under content administrator, we have set the document todo as the start page and we were able to see the page.

the same when I try under normal MSS I get a null pointer error.. "

I feel its a more a configuration issue, other functionalities in MSS dont give this error, you have any idea how to point the appraisal documents I created in the backend to the MSS?

I checked the abap dump cudn't find any error related to it.

Let me know if you need me to rephrase the question.

Thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello...

I checked st22 found that I get the

runtime error DYNPRO_SEND_IN_BACKGROUND

does anyone know the reason why its giving that error everytime I try to view MSS document.

Any lead is helpful.. thanks

deepnain_kundra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the log file i.e. the latest trace file in the operating system and also let us know for which iView you are getting this error. Also check whether the iView is for Web dyn pro Java or ABAP.

Regards,

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

This iview is the performance maintenance document. The application type is BSP, I guess thats the problem the iview application is BSP and the roles its assigned to doesn't point to it.

Then where should I go to view the trace. I saw few log files they were empty?

Thanks for the response

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think SAP did really a good job providing this OSS note. Pl check "Note 1103513 - MSS: ERP Compensation (ECM) cleared amount -> null."

If this helps, pl do reward.

Thanks

Narasimha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did the notes worked for u?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with performance maintenance document.. does this sound familiar to you ???

That note is for ECM I guess...

Kindly let me know if you have come across similar issues..

thanks

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which iView and what are you trying to see/do?

Also...backend version? portal version?

Thanks and let's get to helpin you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

first applogies.. after posting the quesiton was caught up with another issue..

to answer ur questions

backend version - ECC 6.0

Portal version- 7.00..

I am trying to view performance management document..

don't knw how to proceed further..

thanks for the time & help