cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End Users Personalizing Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a page, and this page contains one iView and a second page including two iViews.

Example:

-Page_1

-

iView_1.1

-

Page_2

-

iView_2.1

-

iView_2.2

The feature “Remove iView from page” is enabled in all the iViews (iView_1.1, iView2.1 and iView_2.2).

If the end user removes iView_1.1 from Page_1, he can include the same iView, going to “Personalize” option available in the Title Bar of Page_1.

Issue: If the end user removes one of the iViews from Page_2, he is never able to reassign the iView again. Even if he goes to “Personalize” option available in the Title Bar of Page_1, and clicking on “Restore defaults”.

Any hint?

Thanks & regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

well you have to show the tray of your second page. Set the property "Show Tray" of page Page_2 to the value "yes". This shows the tray of the second page and your end users can access the personalization dialog of the second page via the context menu of the page.

Best regards,

Martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

alternativly, you can remove the option "Remove iView from Page" from the iViews context menu. Thus the users cannot remove the iViews from the page. In order to do this you have to set the iView Property "Show 'Remove' Option" to the value "No".

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

First, thanks a lot for your help.

Hiding the option “Remove iView from Page”, is not an option. The users should be able to personalize all the pages (add/remove iViews).

The other way you mention, I must confess, it will be the last option. Why? Because it is a little bit aesthetic, once both iViews (iView_2.1 and iView_2.2) already have the tray activated, and activating the tray for Page_2, it will appear lot of trays and boxes, and images, you know, something that designers doesn’t like.

If Page_2 is included in Page_1, this should be transparent to the end user, and they should be able to personalize the Page_2, through personalization option in Page_1.

Another idea?

Thanks & Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

First of all, I am not sure why you have this design of adding Page_2 within Page _1. Sorry if I havent understood your problem correctly.

But I have this suggestion though.. If you had placed all the iviews, i.e Iview 1, iview2.1, iview 2.2 in a single page using a One column full width, I guess you would have achieved the same output..

Let me know your thoughts..

Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

good idea. I suggest that John puts all the iViews on Page using a custom Layout.

@John I assume the reason why you choose to use a second page is that you wanted to have something like a T - Page Layout or some other fancy layout SAP did not provide. Well, you can create your own Layout.

For more information see SAP Library <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/efbac120711a71e10000000a422035/frameset.htm">Creating custom Layouts</a>

Best regards,

Martin

Message was edited by: Corrected Link

Martin Kellermann