cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC and MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario where my basic view is to be maintained in MDM and rest of the views in ECC.But the problem is I have developed to the stage where basic data view is created in MDM through portal.Now I want to inform the ECC operator to extend the views for this particular record.How it can be done means

1)Do I need ECC workflows for this?

2)Does GP solve the purpose or it will be helpful( I am using UWL for moving workflows forward)

3)Lastly what all info about record created in MDM is supposed to be passed to

ECC and in what format so the two can talk to each other.

Has anyone already achieved the scenario.

Kindly help

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Ultimately creation of materials are through IDOC...When ECC creates IDOC,set up Email notification to inform end Users.

Regards,

Ganesh Kotti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your approach should be syndicate the Basic View to ECC .This can be done as a part of workflow set up in MDM which will syndiacte the records to ECC and also

send the email notification to the ECC user. You should explore the capability provided by SAP MDM Enrichment Adapter for doing this.

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I dont have to maintain the basic view in ECC.I want to link the two views.What does enrichment adapter do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to enable a workflow across multiple systems, the best practice would be to use guided procedures. That way you can integrate your MDM iView for the basic data into ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

thanks for the reply.can you please elaborate on how i can achieve the same and if you have any documentation about the same can you please forward me .

Thanks

Vinay