cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patches...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We installed SAP BW 3.5 on linux ,when we checked --> system -status -component version we found patch levels as...from service market place we found out tht the latest ones ...

Patch name || system patch level || latest patch level

SAP_BASIS --> 9 21

SAP_ABA --> 9 21

PI_BASIS --> 6 10

SAP_BW --> 9 21

BI cont --> 0 15

My question is to upgrade to the latest patch level shud we install all the patches one by one for example for SAP_BW present patch level is 9 and latest is 21 ,so to go for latest patch level shud we install 10,11,12,13,...20,21 or is it sufficient if we install patch no 21.

Pls suggest....its very urgeny

Thanks all,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

You cannot installl Support Package 21 without SP 10-20 applied already or at the same time.

It is recommended to apply SP according to the stack - multiple components in one run is fully supported. Check Note 672651 for known issues also.

If you install BI 7.0, there would not be that many patches.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus/victor,

Thanks for the reply...i installed BI_cont 3.53 ,what i heard is when we do so the patch level would be 9 and that we need to install 10,11,12,13,14 and 15 to get to the latest level , but my system status shows it 0000 . Have I done any mistake in stallation or since it is 0000 shud i install all 15 patches one by one.

Pls suggest.

Regards

Bob

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BI_CONT is a separate AddOn, that does not come with any support package. What you heard was the support package level of the new installation (SAP_BASIS, SAP_ABA etc.) which is SP 9.

If you want to go to SP 9 for BI_CONT you need to apply all SPs from 1 to 9.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Thx for the reply...can u tell me if thr is a tool to install these patches at a time instead of installing one at a time as we have 11 patches for SAP_BASIS,11 for SAP_ABA,11 for SAP_BW ....

Thanq

Regards

Bob

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my previous post (using SPAM and queues).

Also check the mentioned note.

--

Markus

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

please do not forget to assign points for valuable answers.

Thank you

Hannes Kuehnemund

SAP LinuxLab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We downloaded all the patches(SAP_BASIS,ABA,PI,SAP_BW) , we copied KB64010.CAR to /usr/sap/trans , when we tried to uncar it with "SAPCAR -xvfKB64010.CAR,it is throwing an error ,it says command not found. can anyone pls let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks all,

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bob,

You can copy SAPCAR from the kernrl directory to /usr/sap/trans or add the kernel directory to PATH.

Best regards,

Victor

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try:

/usr/sap/[SID]/SYS/exe/run/SAPCAR -xvfKB64010.CAR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to install ALL, support packages are NOT cumulative. You can install more than one at a time by defining a queue in SPAM but you need to take care of the necessary split points. Check Note "672651 - OCS: Known problems with Support Packages in Basis Rel.6.40"

--

Markus