cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail QUEUE is full. Sost taking soo long! Urgent Please!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My mail QUEUE is full because there is no job scheduled to send the emails. when I go to tcode sost, it is taking forever. Is there any other way to clear the queue? I just want to delete them since there are too many (257)...

It is urgent please...

Thanks,

I will post points for sure

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been checking sm50 constantly, after 1300 sec, if finished. I have deleted all of queue from SOST, and it said deleted succesfully 272 items. now when i went back to easy access manu, and went back to SOST, still taking too long. I dont nkow why. I will wait again keep you guys updated..

but any idea why is it acting crazy?

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can imagine many reasons for this:

- database improperly configured

- too many parallel activity on the system

- slow harddisk

- no actual database statistics

(to be continued)

To help I need to know your operating system, database, configuration and much more data, just saying "it is slow" doesn't help much.

What do you see in SM50 when the system is working?

--

Markus

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Database Stats job runs everyday early morning about 3 am and it takes quite a long time..

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to clean the queue, when you are not using the sent-job, have a look at

Note 773226 - Deleting transmission requests from the queue.

We have sheduled this reported once a week on all our systems who have no sent-job.

regards

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using DB2

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should schedule a RUNSTATS CHECK and RUNSTATS for your database using DB13.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It was using table soot. Other than that, I don't have much knowledge about database.. It is still taking 85 sec to come up that tcode where I can see hardly any queue..

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What database are you using?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is working good now. It took about 700 sec next time. there were still some queue were there. now it is working fine. but still when i go to sost, it takes about 34 sec. is it normal?

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meant - what is the system doing? reading from a table? which table?

"normal speed" - what is that? I can open SCOT with 4,895 entries today in some seconds.

Are you database statistics actual?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

when I ran sost before, sm50 was just showing dialog time. and now also, when ran sost, sm50 is showing dialog time. no other dialog is in use. there some batch jobs that meanwhile, but dont take more than 20-30 sec.. only one dialog is running under my of sost.

I hope I am explaining properly.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hve changed it to 3000 sec. it is running since last 35 mins. why is it taking that long? any idea? I have 8gig of ram... I might have to increase to 6000?

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check via SM50 what the system is doing - what do you see?

Are you on a 32bit operating system?

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Good!!

Thanks, alot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, one more question!

Also, what is the maximum sec can I put in that parameter? I will be increasing to 3000 sec from 300sec.. what if i need more time? Can I add more? any limist? also once i change that, do I need to restart sap system? it is dynamically switchable. somebody told me if we are running 620, it requres reboot for dynamically switchable too..

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know the limit but 3000 shouldn't be a problem. I have changed that to 60000 without any problem.

No restart necessary.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Send Items are easy to see. Iguess, It gives problem in QUEUE.. I will try to change that parameter for temp... I have minimum 300 sec.. max 600.. so it stopped me after every 600 sec.. so if I make it max time to 3000, you think it should work right?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have been tryingt hat since last two days, everyafter maybe 10-15 minz, it timmed out.. so, I should increase the limit!!

Ok i'll discuss that with team and let you know..

Is there anyway to do it by going to any tables? can it be deleted from tables?

thaks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are many tables involved...

You should check your sizing of the system, it shouldn't take that long. Our SolMan system sent today 487 mails - and I can display those nicely in SCOT so...

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!! I did that but now it is taking very very very very long. it is pointing to sost. and my parameter will time out. I have had tried doing by going SOST, but it is taking more than 30 min then timed out. is there any other way to do?

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your reply was so quick (no 30 minutes) - so you can't know

Apparently your system has not enough memory, slow disks etc.

Increase the parameter

rdisp/max_wprun_time

using transaction RZ11 to > 30000

and start the transaction again. There's no other way of doing so.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I want to delete them. make it clear. how can i do that? I cant click anywhere. is there any way to delete from O/S levels?

Thanks, Please reply fast if you can

Thanks,

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- start SCOT

- Utilities - overview of send orders

select there the tabs you want to (sent/not sent etc.) and you will get all the mails. Here you can select all then and delete

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for replying, when I go to SCOT, in waiting section, there are 269 waiting. what should I do in this case? even when I go to sost, it is taking mroe than 20 minz but staying there. Please help

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So - you have to decide what to do - delete them or send them, you can also send in background (settings - send job).

--

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- start transaction SCOT

- select the mails you want to delete

- press on the delete button

--

Markus