cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a customized movement type 913 (GI for cost center / Business Process). When creating this movement type, "Only copy entry" has been chosen and hence the movement type does not appear in OMBW. If "Copy all" option had been used, the entry would have been available in OMBW.

Now, I want to make a config in OMBW (make the field "Recipient" compulsary in MB1A for 913). But since this movement type is not available in OMBW, I am not able to proceed.

Can any one guide me how can I get this movement type in OMBW now?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The easiest solution is to:

Delete this movement type and copy again.If you are unable to delete for some reason, just change the text to 'DO NOT USE' and copy again.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshman.

I tried deleting the movement type 913 in Sandbox and then create it again using the "Copy all" function. I am getting the error "Specify the key within the work area

Message no. SV033".

Do we have to do anything else after deleting the movement type before creating it again with the same number? Kindly advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you delete, save the changes and then try to create same one.

did you try this?

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. I tried after saving the deletion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you have to do is to go firstly to Transaction OMJJ where the next dialog screen will appear automatically. Make sure you will select on 'Client' and press enter. You will then enter the actual client you are currently working on (such as DEV210) and then continue your new movement type generation by copying from the existing standard one. Your SV033 error message will disappear. Check it out and let me know how it goes.

regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you go to movement types in SPRO, you enter 'from' and 'to' values in the movement type. Enter 999 in the 'to' even if you want to copy only 201.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Srinivas. I had not selected the client in OMJJ and that was the problem

Just one question before I go ahead and do the change in Dev and subsequently Production - Since this movement type is already in pdn, do I have to take care of anything else before I delete and recreate?

Kindly advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

do you want to move the same changes to production?

If yes, you can delete and create new one on same transport request. Once you move this same changes from development to production will move.

regards

Srinivas

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshman & Srinivas for your quick help.

I will go ahead and delete the movement type and recreate it. I will make sure that I will save both the deletion adn recreation in the same TR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Go to OMJJ, delete the entries you've created previously and create new ones! And remember to chose 'copy all entries'!

In selection criteria for OMJJ entry one range of movement types that contain the ones you want to create, EVEN IF THEY DON'T EXIST!

Cheers.