cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Details : Need Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to develop a report for vendor details with the below mentioned fields.

Vendor# Vendor Name Telephone# Fax# Email ID Payment Block Country

LFA1 will get all the fields except email id ? can i get email id from ADR6...

If so regular query using Sq01 is possible or i have to go for an Technical Development..Can any one please plz let me know.

Thanks

Balaji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ADR6 is indeed the table to email addresses. Vendor email addresses can also be found here.

ABAP report is better. Queries are not very efficient.

You should go for a query only if the number of tables are 2 or 3 and the report will not be executed frequently - more like once a week or less.

In this case, I think ABAP report is better.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

Okie...... The report is not used very oftern, Can you say me whether can i join LFA1 and ADR6 ( When i write a Query not ABAP ) and get the Ouput data?? since when i tried i dont get any Output Data.

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

The default join condition proposed by SAP is not correct when you join LFA1 and ADR6. Delete that join and create a new join from LFA1-ADRNR to ADR6-ADDRNUMBER. Then it will work.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

yes as u said i tried to join the tables in Sq02 , but i am not able to join.

I selected both the tables and removed the link and i am trying to click on

the Tab Propose Join Conditions.........There is anyother way to join the two tables.

Please do let me know...sorry for the trouble..

Thanks

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just drag the ADRNR field and drop it on the ADDRNUMBER field.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

Thanks Garcia for the Notes...

Thanks Lakshman .... as u said i joined the Conditions and i kept selection criteria in the report just Country Key and Vendor Number. So now without any value in the selections fields i executes it and i got 1163 line items..( but this is not my total Vendors) when i goto LFA1 and take the output its somewhere around 23000, Can you please advice what could be the next.....

Thanks for the support....

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you execute, did it pop-up a box asking no of datasets to read? Default is 100. If it came up, change the value to 999999.

Lakshman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Yes i did it...But still then it doesnt pick up all the Vendors in the Table?

Any other checks which i shd be aware of?

Thanks

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Please go to the "Data Source" tab of your query

Click on "Change join" button

Select the "join"

Right mouse click

Make sure the join is "Left Outer Join" (assuming you join the LFA1 table to ADR6 table), system will then report all vendors no matter they have email address or not.

System default is "Inner Join", it only report vendors with email address only.

Hope this help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KL,

As you said both the tables are inner join but when i try to click on the join between both the tables in the infoset (SQ02) i get two options only remove join condition and display join condition. I dont see anything to make it outer join,

can u say me how can achieve it ?? I dont see any tab for Data source , i access through change the infoset then click on the Tab Join which leads to the diplay of two tables with the join ...am i right ??

Thanks

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

You can make a simple query using SQVI, from SQ01/SQ02 just clik the quick viewer button, just create a new quick viewer, name it, select data soucetable join-basis mode.Then go toedit,insert table LFA1 and ADR6, then make sure the link join is correct and you can right click at th join, there you can find the Left outer join.Please try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KL.....

Thank you so much ...i got in Sq02 itself as per your guidance.

My sincere thanks to Lakshman for his help in the query ,

Both of you solved my question...Full points for you

Regards

Balaji

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can send you one queries manual.

Cheers.