cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GeoMAP / GIS ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to run the GeoMap tutorials. They mention that I have to configure a GIS. So I have checked SDN, indeed there were a couple of questions regarding this issue. Unfortunately none of the threads really answered the question:

Can anybody please help me with this:

- Do I have to run my own GIS, or can I use one over the Internet? If yes, which one...?

- Does it mean: no GIS - no GeoMaps?

- Where do I configure the GIS URL. I have found how to set the IGS URL, but I guess that's not it. I am using WebAS Java standalone, so all the ABAP transactions to configure it won't help.

Any hints?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

i read this thread and all the other with GIS.

I have the same problem like you.

I want to display a geomap in Web-Dynpro and i get an "Graphic Rendering Problem" but Charts i can see.

I tried to download a freeware GIS but it is not so simple.

Please give a note if you have a solution for this problem.

Regards, Murat Yurtoglu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this weblog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/03/23/business-graphics-in-webdynpro

check this forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramakrishna:

Unfortunately the first link is not directing to a particular BLOG, but an overview. I did not see any Blog dealing with IGS there.

The second one is explaining vey well how to configure IGS. This this not my problem, IGS is running. But it is not displaying GEO maps, so I try to figure out how to display GEO maps.

Thanks to all who try to help.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

Probably here you can find something usefull:

http://search.esri.com/results.cfm?h=10&ho=0&q=SAP

Or this community is more enlightened:

http://www.esri.com/partners/alliances/sap/esug.html

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked there and found that BW is bundled with ArcView, so the BW installation comes with a GIS.

I now will try to understand how I can link my standalone WebAS (Java) IGS to this GIS on the BW server.

Thanks for your support Valery.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep I did, but it was still not the enlightenment ;-( - or I am still blind. However, thanks a lot for posting the link.

The most useful information I found so far was in the XI documentation. There they say:

"Geocoding is implemented with ArcView GIS software from ESRI"

I have used geo maps with BW (so I can tell it works), so I'll have a look at the IGS config file at our XI server tomorrow.

Again thanks to all who tried to help.

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check this link which has informations for you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/fe/f7f23ea4b42e5ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

yes I did. Maybe I did not find it or it is not there. It tells how to config the IGS URL, but not where to config the GIS.

Actually I'd like to use the IGS with the maps as I do it from BW. There I can use it.

Thanks anyway

Regards F.