Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Architecture question

I have designed a solution where we will load batch masterdata and material movements (in that order) from R/3. The batches contains several attributes (quantities) that must be available for reporting as key figures. This can be solved by reading the batch masterdata during upload of the material movements into the InfoCube. There is always a 1:1 relationship between the batches and the material movements in our solution.

Unfortunately the solution has one big weakness. What if someone enters a material movement and batch in R/3 after the batch masterdata has been loaded but before the material movements are loaded? The result would be missing key figures in the cube and they would never be added.

Ideally I would like a join between material movements and batches during upload to the cube, where each material movement waits for it's batch before getting loaded into the cube. I can't see how that may be possible. I have briefly considered InfoSets which I have no experience with. However, they seems not to be flexible enough for our usage.

Does anyone have experience with similar issues?

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question