cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supress/hide not needed sales order types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody,

I'm wondering, if there is a way to hide unneeded sales order types in the sales order type menu in VA01?!?

Like many clients my current one needs only standard orders, credit memos, debit memos & return orders. So I was asked, if it's possible to reduce the number of entries (_without_ deleting the entries in customizing!!!)

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Bobby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boban,

Go to VOV8 and put a block in the sales document block field for each order type which you don't want to show up in VA01 screen. If you leave the field as blank, the document type is available for creation in the respective screens. If you choose A, the document type, the document is only allowed to be created automatically by system and when you choose X, the document type is not available in the entry screen.

You have to choose X.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil ,

I was wondering , how we can achieve the same for Billing doc types ?

Do you have any idea ?

Regards,

Ajai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ajai,

No help with Billing document Types hiding....

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales documents can be hidden by clicking the Block indicator in VOV8. Another simple way is not to enable to sales document in assignment of Sales document to the Sales organisation. If this is not enabled, then it is not possible to create the sales document for the sales area.

You can check tcodes OVAM, OVAN, OVA0/O for this.

Also you can just disable the Billing document by not doing the copy control for the Billing document type. It is as simple as that.

Hope this helps.

Reward if this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navaneetha,

Not maintaining the copy control will only stop the invoice from being created for the process for which the copy control is not defined. The question was to suppress or hide the billing document type totally from the invoice creation screen so that the user is not able to see that unused document type in creation screen. There are a lof of documents which comes with standard SAP and sometimes people do not feel comfertable in looking at all those documents in the creation screen which they are not using.

Hi Ajai,

Please correct me if i am wrong but was not your question about if we can suppress/hide the billing document types from the billing creation screen.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapil ,

You are right.

Navaneetha,

The requirement is not to stop creating a particular SO or Billing type, But to stop those doc types from the drop down list of VA01 or VF01.

Regards,

Ajai.