cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to back up the source code of a DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SDN Community,

We have only 4 DC for the development and we don't have NWDI for deploying it to QA and Prod. We directly change the SAP J2EE engine settings and deploy it to QA and Prod. All the source code is in my laptop now and I would like to take up a back up at regular intervals. What is the best way to save the DC data. Currently I am exporting as a zip file and storing it in another server. But never tried to build the DC from the zip. Can you please advice best way to store the DC and restore.

Thanks!

Surya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The sourcecode in a dc is contained inside the src and Model folders.

Dependencies to other dc's and public parts are defined .dcdef file and the def folder.

The src and Model folders are sufficient for recreating the project, but the .dcdef file and def folder are needed to restore any dependencies you might have.

You could use CVS or just copy/paste the files somewhere. The main argument for using NWDI instead of CVS or copy/paste is that the NWDI is managing your sourcecode and it's dependencies within a Software Component.

If you're supporting several sp's from SAP, NWDI is a great tool for maintaining dependencies between different versions of standard/non-standard components.

I.e. CVS or your backup system has no clue what version of MSS/ESS you run on your servers and can't maintain dependencies between versions of components on different systems.

Answers (0)