cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of standard content in data flow before for master data hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BI gurus.

I am struggling with a problem in a new BI 7.0 system I have yet to encounter and am unable to find a post referencing it.

I need to install the data flow up to master data and transactional items from Business Content for a group of areas. The program begins execution fine, but 'hangs' around level 4 or 5. This is a bit variable and the time it takes to experience the hanging situation is variable as well. Sometimes it will have me log onto the source system midway, but ultimately, still hangs. I have also tried just one distinct object (0vendor) and tried groupings by cube, info area, appl-comp, etc. No luck.

Grateful for any input, and will assign points as appropriate.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

business content installation of master data infoobject, try to select only the necessary objects for that master data first.

This will install the object and its attributes.

Then try installing the infosources and other relevant objects.

u can look nto:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem40bw/helpdata/en/80/1a66d5e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

I would also suggest you to show this response time to your BASIS team.

There will be some tables which when refereshed reduces the delay time and fastens the execution on teh Workbench.

Regards,

dhanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. I have already used this approach and reduced the number of objects to be activated. This approach will reduce the activation time and helped me identify where the problem was. It does not reduce collection time unless you select only the transfer rules, which still leaves me with hangs. I have infosources and above installed without issue.

I am in a situation where I need to point my Basis team somewhere. They are not sure where the problem is and are not totally convinced that it is a Basis problem. My experience says that it most likely is, but I need to be able to point it out a little better.

Any suggestions?

Tom

Answers (0)