Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material confirmation in WO

mantas_andriekus
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a requirement to modify SAP config to behave in such a way that material requirement on a work order will not be confirmed until the order is released or scheduled. Only at this point will reservation/requisitions would then be created.

I have had a look at teh config and cannot see material confirmations - only commitments. I can see operation confirmations though, but I so far couldn't see where you could specify the work order system status that would have to be set to set this confirmation.

Is there any configuration in PM to cater for the above scenario? If not then I could look at custom modification - i.e. user exits etc.

Thanks

Mantas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mantas........

What I understand from your question is that you want the reservation / purchase requisition should only be created for a material or service when the maint. work order is released & not immediately. If I am correct, then this is what you have to do.......

Go to customizing, Plant Maintenance & Customer Service - Maintenance & Service Processing - Maintenance & Service Orders - Functions & Settings for Order Types - Define Change Docs, Collective Purc. Req Indicator, Operation No. Interval.....

Here you can do the setting for your plant & order type as when to release the PR or do the reservation for material......

Hope this will help you.......

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mantas,

Could you clarify what you mean by material confirmation? Do you mean goods issue?

Philip