cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

While installing 4.7 2.00 IDES version, i'm getting the following error during database instance -

TRACE

checking directory E:/Exp4/EXPORT5

ERROR 2005-08-23 13:17:42

MSC-01003 ESyException: ESAPinstException: error text undefined

ERROR 2005-08-23 13:17:42

FSL-02015 Node E:\Exp4\EXPORT5\DATA does not exist.

WARNING 2005-08-23 13:17:43

The step fillR3loadPackageTable with step key SAPSYSTEM_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPSYSTEM|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|SAPComponent|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|DatabaseLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|fillR3loadPackageTable was executed with status ERROR.

Kindly let me know if you have a solution to this problem.

Regards.

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the options you are choosing for DB export during the installation. If you copy the export CD's to individual directories and specify them during input phase it may solve the problem. It will be good if you post what you are entering when SAPINST is asking you for these directories.

Cheers,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjeev,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I have save all the 8 export CDs on to my Hard Disk in one folder. This single folder in turn has got individual folders for each and every Export CD.Well after installing the Central Instance,i started the installation of database instance. I chose the very first option while installing the database instance which is " Standard Installation ".

When i checked my Export 5,6,7 and 8 i saw that there is no folder named 'DATA'. System is checking for this DATA folder in Export 5 and since it is not getting the folder, it is throwing this error message. I remember that we used to copy one .R3S file from one of the Export CDs in 4.6B IDES and then we used to use this .R3S for the installation purposes as it used to contain the IDES installation. Now i wonder if there can be a similar method in 4.7 as well?

Kindly let me know what can be done ?

Regards.

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somone help me on this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Actually this is to inform that i have solved the query on my own. Basically there is an error in the SAPInst itself and hence it asks for the DATA forlder for cds 5,6,7 and 8. To make sure that you don't get any error, create an empty folder in the export cds 5,6,7, and 8 with the name DATA and rerun the database instance. It will run properly.

Regards.

Naveen