cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when searching for an object link within EasyDMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the easydms system. Everything works fine except searching in the object links. When I want to define an object link and I don't know the name of the object I try to find it with the help of the search function within easydms (within the object links).

But the search always delivers an error message:

"Missing authorization check to display master data"

Does anybody now what to do?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Markus Sigl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

When you try to do this the BAPI 'BAPI_HELPVALUES_GET' is used. There are some authorization checks that are being performed for the object. These authorizations are maintained in the table BAPIF4T.

For the above said test data, you are trying to get the help values for

the relevant field (e.g. EBELN: po_number).However,in table BAPIF4T the corresponding authorization for the data element ebeln is not maintained. And so you are getting this error.

So, when you maintain the below record in the table BAPIF4T,you will

have the corresponding authorization and you will not get the error

anymore.

sample entry:

Object type - ' '

Object type component - ' '

BAPIF4T-DTEL - 'EBELN'

BAPIF4T-FNAM - 'PLM_HELPVALUES_AUTHCHECK'

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

thank you for your help but it could not solve my problem.

Have you got another idea?

Thank you very much!!!

best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Markus:

I had the exact same problem but the solution mentioned by Christoph worked for me. There is an OSS note 738666 which details the solution a little further.

The only trick is picking the right data element - so for example - if you wanted the search help for Sales Orders, you would NOT add EBELN, because that is the data element for Purchase Orders.

What is your object link (data element) for?

Thanks,

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

I only have a problem when trying to use the search for a Purchase Req. Item Link. All the others are working or do not have the possibility to search for them.

Thank you for your help.

Best reagards.

Markus

0 Kudos

Hello Markus:

I have a question for you. I can see my list of Purchase Orders, filtered to the way I want, but I cannot select any of them. Did you have this issue?

Thanks,

Sean

Answers (0)