Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI updates the custom fields of the table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a bapi to update some of the material fields. The material table has some custom fields also. The bapi clears these fields. I dont want to change the contents of custom fields.

Any solution??

Richa

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to extend the BAPI for the Z fields and pass the values in that extended fields

Regards

Sudheer

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi R,

there are different ways for different BAPIs. So it might be the best just to say which BAPI you try to use.

In some cases the customer fields must be passed using extension parameters and transfered to internal tables in userexits.

Sometimes you have to create special extension structures, then a user exit gets obsolete.

Most BAPIs have good documentation longtext for the extension parameters. Check it!

Regards,

Clemens

Message was edited by:

Clemens Li

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

If I am understanding you correctly, you say you are running the BAPI and it is clearing previously filled extension fields. In that case, I would suggest that you are populating the clientdatax structure with Xs for fields you do not wish to update. If you remove these X's it will leave these fields intact.

Regards,

Chester