cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem while using module DynamicConfigurationBean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am doing a file-to-file bypass (<b>without any mapping involved</b>) scenario.My input file name is <comanycode>.<date>.<timestamp>.dat and I want output filename as <companycode>constant.<date><timestamp>.dat To achive this I used <b>Dynamic configuration bean module</b> along with variable substitution but its appending the whole file name however i want only the first four letter of the input file namei.e company code.So plz guide me that wheather using this bean extracting some part of the file name is possible or not?

Is there is any other way to extract some part of the file name without doing any mapping i.e without the help of payload? Plz guide me as its urgent.

Regard

Neha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh

Thanks for ur reply.U have mntioned that i have to write an adapter module for that ,means it can't be achieved by Dynamic configuration bean.and i have to write seperate custom adapter module for this .i.e there is not any availabe adapter module in XI by which the above functionality can be achieved?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neha,

DynamicConfiguration Bean will allow you to set the values,but if I understand right you want to perfrom substring operations etc on the data in the file.

To do this, you would need a write a Custom Module.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you do not have a mapping, you will have to do this by writing an adapter module in the sender or the receiver file adapter. The Dynamic Configuration can be read and changed inside a adapter module.

Regards

Bhavesh